Mom's Food Products, Inc. (Ft Worth, TX): Mom's has recalled all Tuna Salad sandwiches, Pimento Cheese sandwiches and potato salad, because the salad dressing may contain eggs. The salad dressing supplier made a change in the salad dressing ingredients without advising Mom's of the new formulation.
The following items have been recalled:
- Mom's Pimento Spread 5.0 oz black wedge (UPC 83898 00114)
- Race Trac Pimento Spread 5.0 oz black wedge (UPC 83898 00114)
- Crosby Food & Vending Pimento Spread 5.0 oz black wedge (UPC 83898 00114)
- Outtakes Pimento Spread 4.0 oz black wedge (No UPC)
- Mom's Tuna Salad 5.0 oz black wedge (UPC 83898 00108)
- Race Trac Tuna Salad 5.0 oz black wedge (UPC 83898 00108)
- 2 Podner's Tuna Salad 5.0 oz Clam shell (UPC 83898 00108)
- Canteen (Outtakes) Tuna Salad Croissant 4.5 oz Poly Sealed (No UPC)
- Mom's Big Sub with 4.0 oz Potato Salad round opaque container (No UPC)
Fine Land Corp. (Brooklyn, NY): Ying Feng Foodstuffs Brand Pumpkin Seeds have been recalled due to the presence of undeclared sulfites. The problem was detected during routine testing by New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets.
The recalled pumpkin seeds – a product of China – are sold nationally in 10 ounce, clear plastic packages, identified with the code EXP 03 25 2010. Consumers can contact the Fine Land at 718-714-1850 for more information on this recall.
Individuals who suffer from allergies to egg or sulfites may experience severe – even life-threatening – reactions after consuming a food item that contains the allergen to which they are sensitive. Fortunately, no illnesses have been reported in conjunction with either of these recalls.