If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): USDA posts updated retail distribution list for Marie Callender's Cheesy Chicken and Rice frozen dinners that were recalled after having been linked to an outbreak of Salmonella Chester gastroenteritis.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: SmileMakers Inc. (Spartanburg, SC) recalls
- Children’s Happy Charm Bracelets and Football Rings (imported from China by Toy Network, of Indianola, Iowa and Fun Express Oriental Trading Company, of Omaha, Neb) because the metal in the jewelry contains high levels of cadmium.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Basic Food Flavors, Inc. (North Las Vegas, NV) that a February-March 2010 inspection of the company's food processing facility revealed that hydrolyzed vegetable protein (HVP) processed by your facility is adulterated within the meaning of section 402(a)(1) and (a)(4) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. and also revealed also revealed serious violations of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulation for foods.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency updates its earlier Health Hazard Alert to advise consumers that Salmonella-contaminated Green Cardamom Pods (imported from Guatemala) were sold at additional stores in Halifax, NS and Kitchener, ON.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Wiik & Co.. A / S recalls Suntree brand seedless prunes (Lot Number L69727 and L69966) due to yeast contamination.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Till Publishing Company recalls the Finnish translation of the "1000 Best Salads" cookbook, because a translation error resulted in a poisonous mushroom having been specified as an ingredient in one of the recipes.
- Food Safety Alert (Denmark): The Danish Food Safety Agency warns the public that meat products sold from the property located at Bakkedraget 19, 4534 Hørve was obtained from animals that were illegally slaughtered. In consequence, the meat products represent a health hazard, as they may contain pathogenic bacteria.
- Food Safety Notification Update (EU #2010.0746): Altered organoleptic characteristics (blue colour develops after opening package) of mozzarella produced by Milchwerk Jager Gmbh & Co of Germany; distributed in Belarus, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Poland, Romania, the Russian Federation, Slovakia, Slovenia and Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0857): Foreign body (hard lumps) in Super Valu and Centra Jelly brand jelly sweets from the United Kingdom; distributed in the Republic of Ireland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0859): Mould growth in Coop brand tomato puree from Turkey, via Switzerland; distributed in Denmark.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0860): Salmonella group C1 (non-motile) in soy bean meal from Germany; distributed in Austria.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0861): Salmonella Senftenberg in soya bean meal from Brazil, via the Netherlands; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0862): Listeria monocytogenes in shrimps in brine from Denmark; distributed in Switzerland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0863): Salmonella Mbandaka in cow milk camembert from France; distributed in France, Germany, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0864): Salmonella in meat preparation on spit in foil from Germany; distributed in Germany and Poland.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.