If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Inc. recalls all lots of ondansetron injection in 5% dextrose 32mg / 50 mL (NDC number 25021-776-50) manufactured by Claris Lifesciences and distributed by Sagent.
- Allergy Alert: Mars Canada Inc. (Bolton, ON) recalls Uncle Ben’s Bistro Express 6 pack (sold in 1.5 kg boxes bearing UPC 0 58496 25406; each box contains 6 x 250 g pouches of rice), because two of the rice varieties in the 6-pack contain undeclared milk. The recalled product was sold nationally, including in Costco Warehouse stores across Canada.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Salaisons du Lignon expands its earlier recall of Lou Montagnard brand dried sausages (Saucisse sèche droite nature La Pause Auvergnate) to include all expiration dates up to and including 24/08/10. The recalled sausage products have been linked to an outbreak of salmonellosis that has affected at least 90 people across France.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0716): Salmonella Agona in soybean meal from Germany, via Switzerland; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0717): Mercury in frozen sliced swordfish (Xiphias gladius) from Thailand, via Switzerland; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0718): Lead in dried fruit in jars from China; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0719): Too high count of Escherichia coli in live clams (Tapes decussatus) from Portugal; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0720): Foreign body (firearms bullet of lead - also indicated on the label) in frozen slices of hare from Argentina; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0721): Too high content of colour E 110 - Sunset Yellow FCF in cheese snacks from Iran; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0722): Too high content of colour E 110 - Sunset Yellow FCF in cheese wheel snacks from Iran; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0723): Salmonella in whole chicken from Germany; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0724): Absence of labeling on eggs from Italy; distributed in France.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.