If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Giant Food LLC recalls Amazing Taste Beef Seasoning (0.75 oz.; UPC 0 75756 00200 4) and Amazing Taste Burger Seasoning (0.75 oz.; UPC 0 75756 00202 8) because these seasoning mixes contain black pepper that may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recall is restricted to lot codes W0014I and W9308I.
- Food Safety Recall: Portland Shellfish Company, Inc. recalls Portland Shellfish Co. Inc. brand, Claw Island, Craig’s All Natural, and Inland Ocean cooked, ready-to-eat, fresh or frozen lobster claw and knuckle meat as recent tests show the product has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products were distributed to wholesalers and retailers nationwide.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Laboratorio de Cucina Italiana recalls various Italian specialty foods that were sold to restaurants in Zealand, as the company has not been approved to distribute these food items. Several of the food products are perishable, and were not delivered in a refrigerated transport vehicle.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Stone Nutrition Oy recalls Alive! Whole Food Energizer - without the added iron and Alive! Whole Food Energizer - with iron because they contain the unapproved novel food Coriolus versicolor.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Aduki Oy recalls Earthers Desire and Of The Earth Superfoods Organic Yacon because it contains the unapproved novel food yaconia (Smallanthus sonchifolius).
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0767): Parasitic infestation with Pseudoterranova decipiens of monk fish (Lophius piscatorius) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0768): Salmonella in marinated chicken fillets from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0769): Salmonella Mbandaka in soymeal from Uruguay; distributed in Sweden.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0770): Salmonella Mbandaka in soya cake from Italy; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0771): Iprodione (pesticide) in fresh plums from Chile; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0772): BSE tests not conducted (over 48 months) on bovine from the United Kingdom; distributed in the Netherlands and the UK.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0773): Parasitic infestation with nematodes (Anisakis suspected) of fresh anchovy (Engraulis engrasicolus ) from Croatia; distributed in Italy and Slovenia.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Proprietary Medicine Safety Recall (Hong Kong): The Department of Health has directed a local licensed proprietary Chinese medicine manufacturer, Hong Kong Chan Ka Yuen Medical factory, to recall a product named "陳家園疳積散" (商標 "馬騮肉") from the market as it was found to have high mercury level.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.