If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Bimbo Bakeries USA, Inc. recalls Bimbo brand Soft White Bread (1 lb. 4 oz. or 567 grams) sold in California, Idaho, Oregon and Washington because it may contain undeclared milk. The product being recalled has a red band of color above the clear bag window on the front of bread bag and square lock tab closures in the colors and dates as follows: white tab - 6/14 or 6/21; blue tab - 6/15; tan tab - 6/17; green tab - 6/18; red tab - 6/20.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0757): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of fresh mackerel fillets (Scomber scombrus) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0758): Prohibited substance metronidazole in honey from India; distributed in Belgium and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0759): Salmonella in hamburgers from Sweden, with raw material from Poland and Germany; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0760): Ochratoxin A in organic rye from Lithuania; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0761): Salmonella in frozen Nile perch fillets from Kenya; distributed in Poland.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0762): Processed animal protein (spray-dried plasma) in complementary feed for lactation from the Netherlands; distributed in Spain.
- Allergy Alert/Safety Notification (EU #2010.0763): Undeclared sulphite in sour cabbage from Hungary; distributed in Slovakia.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0764): Processed animal protein (spray-dried plasma) in complementary feed for lactation from France; distributed in Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0765): Unauthorised use of colour E 102 - tartrazine and of colour E 133 - Brilliant Blue FCF in tapioca pearls from Thailand, via the Netherlands; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0766): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled gutted hake (Merluccius merluccius) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Proprietary Medicine Safety Alert (Hong Kong): The Department of Health caution the public against the use of a product called "陳家園疳積散" following a notification by the Hospital Authority about a patient with an incidental finding of an elevated level of blood and urine mercury. Laboratory test showed that the level of mercury in the product was 19,067 mcg/g, which is much higher than the permitted level of mercury intake according to the registration requirement of a proprietary Chinese medicine.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Alert (Saudi Arabia): The Saudi FDA warns the public against consuming Lose Weight Coffee, produced in China by Kunming Huining Company, because the product contains sibutramine, which can cause serious side effects and is banned in Saudi Arabia for use in weight-loss products.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.