If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Service Smoked Fish Corp (Brooklyn, NY) that a November 2009 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Estrella Food Products, Inc. (Bayamon, PR) that an October/November inspection of the company's food production facility revealed serious repeat deviations from the regulations, causing the products manufactured in the facility to be adulterated. In addition, FDA noted repeat deviations from labelling regulations.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Societé Nouvelle Averio Maroc (Agadir, Morocco) that an October 2009 inspection of the company's canned seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the United States' Seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) Regulation.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns MICA By The Sea (Taguig City, Metro Manila, Philippines) that a May 2009 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- Food Recall/Withdrawal: Ingles Markets withdraws Laura Lynn Mayonnaise (32 oz., lot code 08:51 SA 0039, dated 10/08/2010) due to a product separation issue.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kødgrossisten recalls pork meat and related pork meat products after the company's own testing detects Salmonella in a sample of the meat. The recalled products were sold to caterers and restaurants across Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification Update (EU #2010.0595): Listeria monocytogenes in goat cheese from Spain, via France; distributed in Ireland, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0684): Formetanate (pesticide) in red pepper from Spain; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0685): Histamine in anchovy fillets in olive oil from Morocco; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0686): Salmonella enteritidis in fresh eggs from Spain; distributed in France and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0687): Mercury in vacuum packed fresh fillets of swordfish from France; distributed in Italy.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Dietary Supplement Safety Warning (Hong Kong): The Department of Health warns consumers not to buy or use a slimming product called "Sheng Yuan Fang", which was found to contain undeclared Western drug ingredients (phenolphthalein and sibutramine ) that may cause serious side effects.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.