If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Price Chopper recalls Price Chopper 80% Lean Ground Beef (UPC 211638910702) with a sell-by date of May 31, 2010, because of potential contamination with metal particles. The recalled meat was sold only in Savings Pack 3 lbs. or more at the Price Chopper Supermarket in Putnam, CT.
- Food Safety Recall Retail Distribution: USDA posts retail distribution list for CASA ITALIA C.I. PROSCIUTTO BONELESS, recalled in May by International Gourmet because of possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall: Boulangerie Laurentides (Saint-Joseph-de-la-Rive, QC) recalls liver pâté packaged in Mason Jars (pâté de foie en conserve) because the product labeling does not state Garder réfrigéré, nor does it indicate an expiration date. The public is warned not to consume this product unless it has been stored continuously in a refrigerator and, in any case, not to consume the product after June 11, 2010.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Dansk Supermarked recalls Natural Marinated chicken breast fillets, frozen (Batch No KWH l 1 ) because the product may contain Salmonella. The recalled frozen chicken breast fillets were distributed in Bilka Odense, Bilka Skalborg, and Bilka Næstved.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0688): Aerobic plate count too high for raw cow milk from Germany; distributed in Italy.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0689): Salmonella in soybean meal from Argentina; distributed in Poland.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0690): Inner coating oxidized and peeling off, and too high level of total migration from oven pan from China; distributed in Cyprus and Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0691): Chlormequat in seedless grapes from India; distributed in Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0692): Bacillus cereus enterotoxigenic in dried mushrooms (boletus edulis) from Macedonia; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0693): Chlormequat in grapes from India, via the Netherlands; distributed in Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0694): Carbofuran in aubergines from Thailand; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0695): Migration of formaldehyde from melamine children's cups and bowls from China, via the Netherlands; distributed in Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0696): Salmonella Weltevreden in fresh betel leaves (Cha plu - Piper sarmentosum) from Thailand; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0697): Salmonella Hadar in fresh acacia leaves (Cha om) from Thailand; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0698): Salmonella Rissen in fresh coriander from Thailand; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0699): Salmonella Hvittingfoss and Salmonella Weltevreden in fresh peppermint from Thailand; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0700): Triazophos (pesticide) in fresh yard long beans from Thailand; distributed in the Netherlands.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Medical Device Recall (Hong Kong): Philips Electronics Hong Kong Ltd. recalls four models of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) which may have voltage detector problems.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (New Zealand): Bluebird Foods Ltd. recalls Bluebird Light Plus Sea Salt Potato Chips (150g bags) displaying Best Before date 25 August 2010 due to the presence in the product of undeclared milk, soy and gluten. The recalled item was sold in supermarkets and dairy’s throughout the North Island.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.