If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Sirob Imports, Inc. (Lindenhurst, NY) recalls 16 oz vacuum packed bags of Strawberry Farm Sun Dried Tomatoes because they contain undeclared sulfites. The recalled tomatoes were distributed in Queens, NY to a single retail store.
- Allergy Alert: Stop & Shop recalls its store brand fully cooked, bone-in Buffalo, Barbecue (BBQ) and Teriyaki Wings sold in its deli department through June 10, 2010, because the products may contain undeclared soy, wheat, milk or egg.
- Food Safety Recall: Wegmans Food Markets recalls three ground beef products, sold only in its Onondaga Blvd. store in Syracuse, NY. The recall was initiated because oven cleaner was mistakenly used on the meat grinder at this store.
- Food Safety Recall: Smith's Quality Meats recalls a number of ready-to-eat cooked deli meats, because the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products bear Establishment number 294 and a Best Before date between 2010JN11 (June 11, 2010) and 2010SE03 (September 3, 2010), inclusive, and were distributed in retail and deli stores in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and northwestern Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall: Lucerne Foods recalls certain Richland Valley and Take Away Café brand deli sandwiches, because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The affected products, which bear Establishment number 400 and were prepared for Core-Mark International and Mac's Convenience Stores Inc., were distributed in Alberta and British Columbia.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall (Saudi Arabia): The Saudi FDA has recommended the recall of Paiyouji plus Herbal Tea, packed in China for Y.C.V Group U.K & U.S.A., because the product contains undeclared and unauthorized sibutramine, which can cause serious side effects.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.