If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): USDA releases updated retail distribution list for recalled SpaghettiOs With Meatballs.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): USDA releases updated retail distribution list for recalled Marie Callender's frozen dinners.
- Food Safety Recall: Kellogg Company (Battle Creek, MI) recalls certain breakfast cereals due to an uncharacteristic off-flavor and smell coming from the liner in the package. The recall covers specific date codes of Kellogg's® Apple Jacks®, Kellogg's® Corn Pops®, Kellogg's® Froot Loops® and Kellogg's® Honey Smacks® Only products with the letters "KN" following the Better If Used Before Date are included in the recall. The recalled products were distributed nationwide in the USA only.
- Food Safety Recall: Great Kitchens, Inc. (Est P-2539B; Romeoville, IL) recalls approximately 109,800 pounds of BBQ chicken pizza products that may contain small pieces of plastic.
- Food Safety Recall: California Department of Public Health (CDPH) warns consumers not to eat Flash Pop Candy imported from China after tests by CDPH found unacceptable levels of lead. Consumers in possession of the candy should discard it immediately. Flash Pop Candy is imported and distributed by Kidsmania, Inc., (Santa Fe Springs, CA), which is working with CDPH to remove the product from retail sale.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) recalls a small percentage of 1-liter bottles of Scope Original Mint and Scope Peppermint mouthwash with malfunctioning child-resistant caps in the United States and Canada. The affected bottles have a number 4 on the bottom of the bottle to the far right of the recycling symbol.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency expands its earlier Health Hazard Alert to include additional distribution information for Salmonella-contaminated Cardamom Seeds.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency warns the public not to consume the pods of Green Cardamom (product of Guatemala), sold in various size packages or from bulk bins, because these products may be contaminated with Salmonella. The Cardamom Pods were sold in certain retail stores in Ontario and Nova Scotia. Please follow the live link to CFIA's Health Hazard Alert for a list of the stores.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Procter and Gamble (Toronto, ON) recalls certain 1-litre Scope Original Mint (UPC 056100033165 and UPC 056100003038) and Scope Cool Peppermint (UPC 056100003205) mouthwash bottles. The recalled bottles, which have the number 4 on the bottom of the bottle to the far right of the recycling symbol, may have defective child-resistant closures. The recalled mouthwash was manufactured in the USA and sold across Canada between February 2010 and June 2010.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.