If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture advises consumers who purchased raw milk from Alvin J. Stoltzfus (Paradise, Lancaster County, PA) to discard the product immediately because of potential contamination after a state lab test detected Listeria monocytogenes in a sample of raw milk taken from the dairy on June 7th. The department is moving to suspend Mr. Stoltzfus' raw milk permit until additional milk samples are tested and found to be free of Listeria monocytogenes and other pathogens.
- Food Safety Recall: Smith's Quality Meats (Winnipeg, MB) expands its earlier recall to include all of the company's cooked, ready-to-eat meats bearing Establishment number 294 and a Best Before date between 2010JN11 (June 11, 2010) and 2010SE03 (September 3, 2010), because the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products have been distributed in retail and deli stores in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Northwest Territories and Nunavut. The company has stopped production of all ready-to-eat, cooked meat products until the contamination problem is resolved. No illnesses have been associated with the recalled products.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Asda has withdrawn its 'Indian Tikka Masala and Jalfrezi Meal for 2' and its 'Indian Chicken Korma and Jalfrezi Meal for 2', because they have been packed with the wrong labels. Because of the labeling error, the Tikka Masala contains undeclared cashew nuts, and the Chicken Korma and Jalfrezi contains undeclared mustard.
- Allergy Alert (Ireland): Castle Snack Food Distribution withdraws certain batches of Suncrop Yogurt Raisins and Suncrop Milk Chocolate Raisins, because they contain undeclared soya.
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): Internet company EcoProtein Shop recalls EcoProtein brand Organic Protein Shake (chocolate flavor; 250mL pack), because it contains undeclared soy protein.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Royal Greenland recalls certain expiration dates of Sea Fish brand Smoked Halibut (sliced; 150g pkg), because Listeria monocytogenes was detected in the product. The recalled products were sold in SuperBrugsen, Kvickly and C stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): Firme Derwa S.A. recalls several varieties of Cora brand pork sausages (Lot 5212) due to Salmonella contamination. The products were available in stores between 11/06/2010 and 15/06/2010 and bear expiration dates of 15/06/2010 and 16/06/2010.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0785): Undeclared sulphite in shelled and precooked shrimps from Denmark; distributed in Italy.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0786): Undeclared peanut in milk coconut compound chocolate from Romania; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0787): Mercury in frozen peeled dogfish (Mustelus mustelus) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0788): Unauthorised novel food ingredient Smallanthus sonchifolius in organic goji and yacon muesli from the United Kingdom; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0790): Dichlorvos (pesticide) in fresh mint from Israel, via the Netherlands; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0791): Formetanate (pesticide) in fresh white peppers from Turkey; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0792): Unauthorized substance sulfadimethoxine in acacia honey with comb from Belgium; distributed in France, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0793): Excessive oxytetracycline in raw propolis from Uruguay; distributed in Italy.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Jacobs Well Egg Farm recalls all sizes and Best Before dates of Jacobs Well Egg Farm Cage Eggs due to contamination with Salmonella. The recalled eggs were sold in Rocklea Markets, IGA stores, Foodlink and corner stores in South East Queensland and have been on the market for 3 to 4 weeks.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.