If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Animal Feed Safety Recall: Kent Nutrition Group, Inc. (Muscatine, IA) recalls 36 bags of Kent Feeds 20 Lamb DQ45 Medicated (lot #810127), due to the discovery of excess amounts of copper in the feed.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Claris Lifesciences recalls all lots of Ciprofloxacin Inj. USP 200 mg / 100 mL (NDC 36000-008-24), Ciprofloxacin Inj. USP 400 mg / 200 mL (NDC 36000-009-24), Metronidazole Inj. USP 500 mg/100 ml (NDC 36000-001-24), and Ondansetron in 5% Dextrose Inj. 32 mg / 50 mL (36000-014-06) manufactured and distributed by Claris Lifesciences, after receiving reports of floating matter which may pose risk if administered to patients. The recalled pharmaceutical products were distributed to hospitals, wholesalers and distributors nationwide.
- Allergy Alert (Republic of Ireland): Sausages manufactured by Kelly’s Manufacturing, Newport, Co. Mayo have been found to contain sulphur dioxide, which was undeclared on the original label. This alert affects Kelly’s of Newport Pork Sausages, pack sizes 454g tray packs and 10lb bags, all use by dates between 29th April 2010 and 15th June 2010. The manufacturer will be providing temporary labels to affix to packages.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Zimbo IL recalls Ceriani brand Italian Mortadella Bologna (Production date: 3/5/2010) after the company finds small pieces of soft, white plastic in the product.
- Food Safety Recall (Sweden): Lidl recalls whole frozen chicken in the packages of 1300 grams with the best before date 2011-03-15 because the chicken, which was imported from Germany, is contaminated with Salmonella.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (UK): Rambaxy (UK) Limited recalls all unused stock of Gabapentin 100mg Capsules (Batch No. 2037862; Expiry date May 2011; Pack size 1 x 100) because the patient information leaflet (PIL) has not been updated to include safety warnings initiated by the European Medicines Agency.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0701): Unauthorised use of colour E 110 - Sunset Yellow FCF and of colour E 124 - Ponceau 4R / cochineal red A in peeled shrimps from China; distributed in Greece.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0702): Too high content of E 200 - sorbic acid in dried pitted prunes from Argentina, via Lithuania; distributed in Estonia.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0704): Undeclared sulphite in sausages from Ireland; distributed in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0705): Tin in peach halves in light syrup from Hong Kong; distributed in the Czech Republic and Estonia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0706): Salmonella Livingstone in marinated chicken breast fillets from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0707): Carbendazim in apricots from Spain; distributed in Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0708): Carbendazim in apples from Spain; distributed in Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010. 0709): Prohibited substance nitrofuran, nitrofurazone in crayfish (shrimps) from Germany, with raw material from China, via the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0710): Undeclared gluten in fermented grain drink from Germany; distributed in Austria.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0711): Undeclared celery in Hollandaise-sauce paste from Denmark; distributed in Denmark and Iceland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0712): Mercury in scorpionfish (Scorpaena scrofa ) from Algeria; distributed in France.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert Update (New Zealand): Bluebird Foods Ltd. updates distribution information on its recall of Bluebird Light Plus Potato Chips, 150g bags (Best Before 25 August 2010). The product, which contains undeclared milk, soy and gluten, was sold in supermarkets and dairies throughout New Zealand.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.