If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Lancaster Foods, LLC (Jessup, MD) recalls Krisp-Pak Ready to Eat Hydro-Cooled Fresh Spinach after the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services detects Listeria monocytogenes in product samples. The spinach was sold in North Carolina, Maryland and Virginia in 10-ounce packages with the code: “Best Enjoyed By: 23 Jun 10, Product of USA, 10/158/09:17/1/05.”
- Allergy Alert: Loblaw Companies Limited recalls President's Choice(R) Louisiana Hot Sauce Thick Cut Dipping Chips (275g; code date 2010 JL 12) because it contains undeclared milk ingredients. The recalled chips were sold at no frills, Extra Foods, Real Canadian Superstore, Real Canadian Wholesale Club, and Affiliated Independent stores in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon and Northwest Territories.
- Food Safety Recall: Québec's Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food warns the public not to consume Produits Maison André Caron brand pork preserves and ham preserves, sold in glass jars of various sizes at roadside stands and market festivals, because the products were not processed in a manner that would ensure their safety for human consumption.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency advises consumers that Cardamom Seeds sold at three retail outlets in Ontario and Alberta may be contaminated with Salmonella and have been recalled by the distributors.
- Cosmetic Product Safety Recall (France): Laboratoire Stiefel recalls ZNP dermatological bar (lot 518 L per 10/2011), because it contains zinc pyrithione, in contravention of current regulations.
- Food Safety Recall (Italy): Italy's Ministry of Health advises consumers that the recall of mozzarella cheese produced by the German company MILCHWERK JAGER GMBH & Co. has been expanded to include all of the following brands: "Land" (Eurospin), "Lovilio" (LIDL) , "Malga paradiso" (MD discount), “Fattorie Torresina” (various lots; Todis supermarkets) , “Mozzarella LD” (LD) and “Monteverdi” (Fortè).
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0826; #2010.0830; #2010.0832): Altered organoleptic characteristics (Blue coloured) of mozzarella cheese from Germany; distributed in Italy (see Italy Food Safety Recall, above, for additional details).
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0827): Salmonella spp. in frozen pork meat from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0828): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of Atlantic mackerel (Scomber scombrus) from France; distributed in Italy.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0829): Salmonella Havana in fish meal from Poland, via the Netherlands; distributed in Finland.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0832): Unauthorized substance androstenedione in food supplement from the United States, via Poland; distributed in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.