If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Domega NY International Co. Ltd. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls Fuma Custard Pie (650 gram cardboard box containing 26 individual packages, with a date code of 2010 02 04AA) because the product, which is imported from China, contains undeclared egg. The custard pies were sold in New York State.
- Allergy Alert: The Kroger Co. recalls Kroger Deluxe Chocolate Paradise Ice Cream sold in 48-ounce containers with a "sell by" date of Jan 24 11 under the following UPC Code: 11110 50712., because it may contain undeclared tree nuts. The recalled ice cream was sold in Kroger stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia and in Jay C, Food 4 Less, Hilander, Owen's, Pay Less and Scott's stores in Illinois and Indiana.
- FDA Product Seizure: FDA seizes 64 drums of imported bee's honey that contains chloramphenicol, which is not approved for use in food, animal feed, or food-producing animals in the United States. The bulk honey was imported by Sweet Works Inc., of Monterey Park, California from Cheng Du Wai Yuan Bee Products Company Limited of Chengdu, China. Subsequently, it was sold to Alfred L. Wolff Inc. of Chicago, which placed it in storage.
- Consumer Product Recall: Price Chopper recalls Price Chopper Facial Tissue Lotion with Aloe (UPC 4173515091) due to mislabelling.
- Allergy Alert (Belgium): Vandemoortele recalls vinaigrette fraiche 250 ml (production lots L0075 et L0076) and vinaigrette à la moutarde 250 ml (lot de production L0078). Due to a labeling mix-up, the product identified as "vinaigrette fraiche" contains undeclared mustard and the product identified as "vinaigrette à la moutarde" contains undeclared celery.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Wm Morrison Supermarkets recalls its own brand Chicken Chow Mein (400g; Use by 12 June 2010) due to the presence of undeclared egg and milk.
- Food Safety Alert (Denmark): The Food Safety Agency warns the public that sales of fish made from vans belonging to "City Fish Man" occurred without approval from the Food Agency.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall (Finland): Rautakesko Oy withdraws a 4-piece grill set, sold in K-iron and Rautia stores, because the basting brush releases an excessive amount volatile compounds.
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall (France): Teva recalls "Amoxicilline/Acide clavulanique TEVA 100mg/12,5mg nourrissons, poudre pour suspension buvable," (lots no. 9B274, 9B275 et 9B276), because the directions for reconstituting the medication are missing.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0752): Migration of nickel (11-19 mg/dm²) from plastic nozzle from the United States, via Sweden; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0753): Cadmium in frozen Akiami paste shrimps (Acetes japonicus) from Vietnam; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0754): Salmonella spp. in frozen precooked prawn tails from India; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0755): Migration of chromium and of nickel from barbeque set from China, via Sweden; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0756): Norovirus in frozen raw shell on scallops from Chile; distributed in France and Italy.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Madelaine Confectionery Pty Ltd recalls certain confectionary products packed in 140g plastic jars labeled with a Best Before date of 20/04/12, because the products may contain metal pieces.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Food Safety Recall (Brazil): Brazil's National Agency for Sanitary Surveillance has issued a temporary prohibition of the sale of Palm brand Sardines in Tomato Sauce, on suspicion of causing botulism. The measure applies to products manufactured on 16.10.2009 and 10.19.2009 with an expiration date of December 2012.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.