If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Pure Base Distribution, LLC (Ontario, CA) recalls its 4 ounce bottles of “Pure Base Garlic Spread - Concentrate” and 7 ounce bottles of “Pure Base Garlic Spread - Ready to Spread” items because they may contain undeclared milk and wheat. The recalled spreads were distribution nationally in retail stores and on-line.
- Allergy Alert: The Kroger Company advises its customers that Roba Dolce Double Chocolate Chunk Gelato (33.8 oz) contains undeclared peanuts, because Peanut Butter Chunk Gelato was packaged in the Double Chocolate Chunk packaging in error. The mislabelled Gelato was distributed in Fry's stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Bjerrefisk A/S recalls Chile Prawns in brine (produced 14/6/2010; best before 24/7/2010; 150 g drained weight) because Listeria monocytogenes was detected in the product.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall (France): Éditions NATHAN / JEUNESSE recalls three children's book titles because the wood may dissociate, presenting a safety risk.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0843): Listeria monocytogenes in frozen cooked shrimps from Spain; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0844): Mercury in swordfish fillets with skin (Xiphias gladius) from Chile; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0845): Unauthorised substance phenylbutazone in horse meat from the United Kingdom; distributed in France and the United Kingdom.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0846): Unauthorised coumaphos in dry propolis extract from Italy, with raw material from Spain; distributed in Italy and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0847): Dimethoate in turia from Ghana; distributed in the United Kingdom.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.