If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Natural Balance Pet Foods, Inc. (of Pacoima, CA) recalls Natural Balance Sweet Potato & Chicken Dry Dog Food with the "Best By" date of June 17, 2011, in 5-lb. and 28-lb. bags, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled pet food was manufactured on December 17, 2009 and sold in specialty pet stores in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- Food Safety Recall Update: USDA posts retail distribution list for SpaghettiOs recall.
- Food Safety Recall: Asian Food Imports recalls Green Cardamom (100g, 200g and 400g packages; product of Guatemala), sold between January and March 2010 at Asian Food Imports store located at 275 Wyandotte Street West in Windsor, Ontario, because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Food Safety Recall: MacDonald Consolidated has reissued a recall notice for Smith’s Quality Meats ready-to-eat cooked meat products (recalled due to potential Listeria monocytogenes contamination). Due to a misunderstanding, some independent stores that were supplied by MacDonald Consolidated may not have removed the recalled products as was intended.
- Food Safety Advisory: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has determined that none of the SpaghettiOs With Meatballs that were recalled in the United States were sold in Canada. CFIA urges Canadian consumers who may have purchased these products while in the United States to check their pantries and discard any recalled products.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Alert (Denmark): The Food Safety Administration warns consumers against purchasing supplements from the Internet site www.svenskkosttilskud.dk, because the site sells products that contain synefrin and caffeine in combination. This combination of ingredients is illegal in Denmark and is dangerous, as it can cause cardiovascular disorders, osteoporosis and affect the central nervous system. The site, which is aimed at Danish consumers, is registered to a Swedish company.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Magasins U recalls U brand and BIEN VU brand jars of tomato sauces, (Sauces Tomates en Bocaux) because the product may be contaminated with small pieces of glass.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (France): Bristol-Myers Squibb recalls FUNGIZONE 10% Médicament Antimycosique (Lot #A786), because the product may contain foreign bodies.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.