If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Sivertson Fisheries Inc. that a January 2010 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation, and of the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns American Sea Food Company, Inc. that a February 2010 inspection of the company's seafood processing operations revealed serious deviations from the seafood HACCP Regulations.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Italco Food Products, Inc. that a January 2010 inspection of the company's seafood processing facility revealed serious deviations from the Seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Regulations.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns AVEVA Drug Delivery Systems, Inc. that an October through December 2009 inspection of the company's Miramar (Florida) pharmaceutical manufacturing facility revealed significant violations of Current Good Manufacturing Practice (CGMP) regulations for Finished Pharmaceuticals.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Dansk Supermarked recalls all date codes of Italian green pesto cream 130g, produced by Julia Pasta in Italy, because of mold contamination.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): The Co-operative Group recalls specific batch codes of four California wines in 75cl bottles because they might contain small pieces of glass from the neck of the bottle. The cause of the problem has been traced to a fault with the capping process, which has now been rectified.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0725): Omethoate and dimethoate (pesticides) in apples from Chile; distributed in Denmark, Finland, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0726): Aflatoxins in fig paste from Turkey; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0727): Undeclared iodine and high content of iodine in dried algae from China, via France; distributed in Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Dietary Supplement Safety Warning (Hong Kong): The Department of Health (DH) today (June 7) called on the public not to buy or use four slimming products called 纖婷 II (櫻花精油減肥膠囊), 纖婷 III (櫻花精油減肥膠囊), 瘦身語 III and "Fatloss Jimpness Beauty" respectively as they were found to contain undeclared Western drug ingredients sibutramine, sibutramine-analogue and phenolphthalein, which may cause serious side effects.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.