If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Pharmaceutical Safety Recall: Pfizer Inc recalls Metronidazole, Ciprofloxacin and Ondansetron IV Products due to the presence of floating matter and non-sterility discovered by the manufacturer Claris Laboratories.
- Pharmaceutical Safety Recall: West-Ward Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Eatontown, NJ) recalls all lots of Claris LifeSciences Inc. manufactured Ondansetron in 5% Dextrose Injection, supplied in 32mg/50mL Single-Use Plastic Bag Containers and Metronidazole Injection 500mg/100ml USP in Flexible IV Plastic Bag Containers.
- Allergy Alert (UK): The Food Standards Agency warns consumers that Tree of Life dried apricots (all pack sizes and code dates) contain undeclared sulphites. The company has contacted retailers that sell the product, and advised them of the need to remove the product from sale until it is over-labelled with the correct allergy information.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0728): Migration of formaldehyde from melamine bowls from China; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0729): Salmonella in soyabean meal in bulk from Argentina; distributed in Poland.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0730): Migration of formaldehyde and too high level of total migration from melamine bowl with cover from China; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0731): Chlormequat in grapes from India; distributed in Lithuania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0732): Mercury in vacuum packed swordfish filets from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0733): Chlormequat in white seedless grapes from India; distributed in Austria.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0734): Salmonella Mbandaka in rapemeal from Belgium; distributed in France.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0735): Migration of formaldehyde from melamine salad bowls from China; distributed in Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0736): High content of iodine in dried seaweed from China; distributed in France and Germany.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.