If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Setton International Foods, Inc. recalls limited quantities of its Fairway brand Energy Mix and its Setton Farms brand Total Energy Mix sold to select stores in NY and NJ because the products may contain peanuts and chocolate flavored chips not listed on the label.
- Food Safety Recall: Rocky Mountain Natural Meats (Henderson, CO) recalls approximately 66,000 pounds of ground and tenderized steak bison products that may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. Five confirmed cases of E. coli O157:H7 gastroenteritis in Colorado have been linked to this recalled meat. The recalled bison meats were produced between the dates of May 21, 2010 through May 27, 2010, and were distributed to retail establishments nationwide and food service distributors in Utah and Arizona. At least some of the meat was sold in the Kroger family of supermarkets, including Kroger, Ralphs, Smith's Food and Drug, King Soopers, City Market, Fry's Food, Dillons, Baker's, Gerbes, and Food4Less stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Breese Hollow Dairy suspends raw milk sales after New York State Department of Agriculture finds Listeria monocytogenes and Campylobacter in a routine sample of milk. The suspension will be remain in force until the state resamples Breese Hollow Dairy's milk and indicates that the product is free of pathogens.
- Pet Supplement Safety Recall: United Pet Group (Cincinnati, OH) expands its recent recall of its Pro-Pet Adult Daily Vitamin Supplement tablets for Dogs to include additional pet nutritional supplement products for dogs and cats due to possible Salmonella contamination. The affected products are identified with expiry dates in the range of 01/2013 to 06/2013, inclusive. The recalled products are sold nationally at various retailers under the following brands: Doctors Foster and Smith, Nature's Miracle, Petco, Excel, DDS, Pro-Pet, and PR Excel. Please click on the live link (above) to the recall notice for a comprehensive list of recalled products.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Merrick Pet Care Inc. recalls Lot #10084TL7 of Beef Filet Squares for Dogs (10-ounce bags; Best by March 24, 2012,) because the dog treats could be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled dog treats were shipped to distributors and retailers throughout the U.S.
- Allergy Alert: Juici Patties (Canada) (Est. 213; Scarborough, ON) recalls all lot codes of Juici Patties brand Jamaican Style Vegetable Patty (390 g packages containing 3 patties each; UPC 6 24819 20003 3), because the patties contain undeclared milk. The recalled Vegetable Patties were distributed in Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall: Choice Family Meats (Emerald Park, SK) recalls three Store Made Beef Jerky products (Chili Chipotle, Sweet Orange, and Jalepeno flavors; all "Packed On" dates up to and including 2010JL02), because they may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum. The recalled beef jerky products were sold only at Choice Family Meats, 320 Great Plains Road, Emerald Park, SK.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Wm Morrison Supermarkets recalls Morrisons Fresh Strawberry Cheesecakes (2-pack; all date codes up to and including use by 2 July 2010), because the product may contain small pieces of plastic.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.