If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Champion Nutrition (Sunrise, FL) recalls five lots of Champion Nutrition Chocolate Peanut Butter Pure Whey Protein (5lb), due to an incomplete allergen statement for peanuts in the ingredient section of the label. The recalled product was distributed domestically throughout the U.S.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Lambert's Inc. (Memphis, TN) that a March 2010 inspection of the company's bottled water, coffee roasting, and flavoring processing facility revealed serious violations of Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 110 (21 CFR 110), Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for manufacturing foods, 21 CFR 129, Processing and Bottling of Bottled Drinking Water, and subsequently Subpart B, 21 CFR 165, Beverages.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Cruz Perez Hermanos S.A. (Moana Pontevedra, Spain) that a February 2010 inspection of the company's low-acid canned food facility revealed serious deviations from the US low-acid canned food regulations.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Industrias Alimentarias de Navarra, S.A.U. (Villafranco Navarra, Spain) that a February 2010 inspection of the company's low-acid canned food facility revealed serious deviations from the US low-acid canned food regulations.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Tween Brands, Inc. recalls Children's Metal Necklaces, Bracelets and Earrings, because the jewelry contains high levels of cadmium.
- Allergy Alert: Dawn Food Products Montreal Ltd. (Montreal, QC) recalls certain Yiangello brand Cookies & Cream Cheesecakes and Half-Moon Cookies & Cream Cheesecakes, because they contain undeclared eggs. One illness has been reported. The recalled products were distributed only in the province of Québec.
- Unauthorized Health Product Recall: Vitality Research Inc. recalls UP Ultimate Performance for Men, UP Ultimate Performance Daily Formula, and UP Ultimate Performance for Women, because these unauthorized health products contain sildenafil, a prescription medication that may pose serious and potentially life-threatening health risks, particularly to people with heart problems.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Molson Coors recalls Carling, Grolsch and Coors Light home draught beer dispensing units because there is a small chance of the beer bottle in the unit breaking when the CO2 cartridge is activated.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (China, including Hong Kong): Leo Pharma recalls Fucidin for Intravenous Infusion (500mg), because some of the vials contain glass fragments. The recalled prescription antibiotic medication was imported from Denmark and distributed on the Chinese mainland as well as in Hong Kong.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Nan Fong Trading Company recalls Saigon Fish Sauce (200ml glass bottle; Best Before 15/05/2011) because a number of the bottles contain high levels of yeast. The recalled fish sauce was distributed only in Victoria.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.