If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Price Chopper has recalled several varieties of Specialty Farms Alfalfa Sprouts and one variety of Specialty Farms Broccoli Sprouts, after the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets (NYSAM) reported having found presumptive Listeria in a sample of the Alfalfa Sprouts taken from the grocery chain's Middletown, NY store. NYSAM expects to have a definitive result by July 24th. Price Chopper, as a precaution, has removed all related products from its store shelves and has notified all of its affected customers. Specialty Farms, LLC is a Connecticut-based producer of sprouts, and supplies a number of regional supermarkets.
- Food Safety Recall: Dats Déli Européen Inc., Montreal, QC (Establishment #155) expands its earlier recall to include additional products, codes, and to correct the brand name for one affected product. The products, which were recalled due to potential contamination with Listeria monocytogenes, were distributed in Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia. All Best Before dates up to and including August 10, 2010 (10AU10) are covered by the recall notice.
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): CO-RO Food Ltd. recalls SUN LOLLY APPELSIN water-based ice (sold in 10-packs; Best Before 18/4-2012 to 14/7-2012), because the product contains sulfite that is not declared on the label. recalls
- Food Safety Recall (Luxembourg): Lorenz & Lihn Obst-Edel-Erzeugnisse GmbHLihn Diät-Fruchtaufstrich Erebeere (Best Before 17.06.2011), because the product may contain small pieces of glass.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0989): Listeria monocytogenes in dry sausage from France; distributed in Belgium, France, Germany and Lebanon.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0990): High aerobic plate count for raw cow's milk from Slovenia; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0991): Carbon monoxide treatment of frozen tuna from Vietnam; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0992): Listeria monocytogenes in chilled tuna loins (Thunnus albacares) from Sri Lanka; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0993): Sweetener E 952 - cyclamate and sweetener E 954 - saccharin unauthorised in prunes from China, via Sweden; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0994): E 316 - sodium erythorbate unauthorised in wasabi powder from China; distributed in Denmark.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Hong Kong): Yuen Tai Trading Company Ltd. recalls Greatwall Brand Chopped Pork and Ham (340g; Best Before 17th January 2013) after the Centre for Food Safety finds liquid mercury in a can of the product as a result of a consumer complaint.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0989): Listeria monocytogenes in dry sausage from France; distributed in Lebanon.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (New Zealand): Cerebos Gregg’s Limited recalls Gregg’s Rich Steak Sauce (575g block pack/carton; Best Before 25 June 2011) because the product may contain small metal fragments. The recalled steak sauce was sold in supermarkets and small retail stores throughout the North Island.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.