If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Fresh Express Romaine-based salads, recalled due to E. coli O157:H7 contamination, were sold in Target stores.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall (Update): Merck (formerly Schering-Plough Healthcare Products Inc.) has recalled MiraLAX® Laxative Powder 30 Day (17.9 oz) and MiraLAX® Laxative Powder 30 Day w/4 ct. sachet (19.9 oz), because of defective cap liners that may prevent the cap from resealing correctly. The recalled MiraLAX laxative powders were sold at Price Chopper, Giant Food Stores, Stop & Shop, and Giant Food LLC, and were also probably available at other retail grocery stores and pharmacies.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Freybe Gourmet Foods Ltd. recalls Freybe-brand Headcheese, manufactured for Freybe by Brandt Meat Packers (Est. No. 164) of Mississauga, Ontario. The recalled headcheese, which has been linked to an outbreak of Salmonella Chester in British Columbia, was distributed to the Overwaitea Food Group (which includes Save-on-Foods, PriceSmart Foods, Urban Fare and Cooper’s Foods) and Thrifty Foods stores, as well as other smaller delis in Western Canada and the Yukon.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0971): Mould in pasta from Italy; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0972): Unauthorised novel food ingredient camu camu (Myrciaria dubia) in fruit juice from France; distributed in Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0973): Escherichia coli in cheese from Austria; distributed in Austria, Germany and Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0974): Cadmium in crabs (Cancer pagurus) from Ireland; distributed in the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
- Food Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0975): Benzo(a)pyrene in food supplement from Monaco, via Belgium; distributed in Finland.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.