If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Asda withdraws Asda brand milk chocolate (100g; Best before 9 June 2011) because chocolate containing nuts has been wrongly packed into milk chocolate packaging.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (France): Mylan Laboratories recalls Diltiazem Chlorhydrate, 60mg tablet (lots Y008 and Y009) a blister-packaged tablet of Sotalol, 80 mg was found in a box of Diltiazem Chlorhydrate tablets.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1009): Unauthorized novel food ingredient Hoodia gordonii in food supplement from the United Kingdom; distributed in Ireland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1010): Escherichia coli in live clams (Venus gallina) from Italy; distributed in Italy and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1011): Histamine in fresh yellow fin tuna loin from Sri Lanka; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1012): Listeria monocytogenes in hot dogs from Germany; manufactured in Germany by Abbelen and distributed in Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1013): Listeria monocytogenes in frozen roasted deboned duck with salt and honey from Germany; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1014): Dimethoate (pesticide) in grapes from Egypt; distributed in Kazakhstan and Lithuania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1015): Norovirus in oysters from France; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1016): Unauthorised sodium nitrate in paté from France; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1017): Aflatoxins in pistachio paste for ice cream making from Italy; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1018): Aflatoxins in nutmeg from Indonesia; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1019): Traces of hazelnut in compound chocolate with milk cream filling from Turkey; distributed in Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1020): Listeria monocytogenes in cooked common whelks (Buccinum undatum) from the Netherlands; distributed in France.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Alert (Singapore): The Singapore Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority suspended sales from the N&N Agriculture Farm after a routine July 17 inspection found residue of the antibiotic doxycycline in the eggs. Supermarkets and other retail outlets were also required to withdraw the suspended eggs from sale.
Australia and New Zealand
- Herbal Medicine Safety Alert (Australia): The Therapeutic Goods Administration warns Australian consumers that 1 Body Beautiful, which was available over the internet or from an Australian retailer, was found by the Hong Kong Department of Health to contain the undeclared pharmaceutical substances sibutramine and phenolphthalein. Consumers are advised to cease using 1 Body Beautiful and to discard any remaining product
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.