If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Diamond USA Inc. recalls its 1 lb packages with code#01-12-2010 of "Dry Apricot Rolled" (a product of Afghanistan) because they contain undeclared sulfites. The recalled Dry Apricot Rolled was distributed to retail stores in New York, New Jersey, Virginia, and California.
- Food Safety Recall: Fresh Express (Salinas, CA) recalls certain Romaine lettuce salad products with expired Use-by Dates of July 8 - 12 and an "S" in the Product Code because they may have the potential to be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. Please see the Fresh Express recall article for additional details.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Feline’s Pride (Buffalo, NY) expands its July 1, 2010 recall of Feline’s Pride Raw food with ground bone for cats and kittens, Natural Chicken Formula, (Net Wt. 2.5 lbs. (1.13 kg., 40 oz.) produced on 6/10/10) to include the product produced on 6/21/10, because it may be contaminated with Salmonella.The expanded recall affects those orders placed and shipped from June 21 through June 26, 2010 (produced on 6/21/10).
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall: Schering-Plough HealthCare Products, Inc. recalls MiraLAX Laxative Powder 30 Day (17.9 oz) and MiraLAX Laxative Powder 30 Day W/4 ct. Sachet (19.9 oz), because the cap is not correctly re-sealable and poses a safety concern, according to a notice posted by GIANT® Food Stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Freybe Gourmet Foods Ltd. recalls Freybe brand Head Cheese (all products sold up to and including July 14, 2010), because the ready-to-eat deli product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The British Columbia Centre for Disease Control reports that consumption of head cheese has been linked epidemiologically to 10 confirmed cases of Salmonella Chester gastroenteritis in that province. The recalled head cheese is known to have been sold in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, northwest Ontario, and Yukon, and may have been distributed nationwide.
- Food Safety Recall: Canada Safeway Limited recalls various store-made and Signature Café brand salads because these products may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. These salads, which may contain a Romaine-based ready-to-eat salad recalled by Fresh Express, were made and sold at Safeway stores in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan. Please see the Fresh Express recall article for additional details.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): SuperGros recalls Sandstede Bauernschinken (smoked ham) with an Expiry Date of 02/09/2010, because of a labeling error. The product was labeled with an incorrect date of manufacture.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): SuperGros recalls Kogt Skinke (cooked ham) with a Production Date of 28-06-2010, because of a labeling error. The product was labeled with an incorrect "Best Before" date.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0966): High content of aluminium in angel hair noodles made from sweet potato from South Korea, via the Netherlands; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0967): 3-monochlor-1,2-propanediol in soy sauce from the Philippines; distributed in the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0968): Mercury in swordfish fillets (Xiphias gladius) from Chile, via Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0969): Listeria monocytogenes in choucroute with meat from France; distributed in Belgium and France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0970): Tin in canned pineapple from Thailand; distributed in Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.