If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Quality Food Center (QFC) stores recalls select containers of Broccoli Raisin Salad because they may contain walnuts not listed on the label. The recalled salad was sold by the pound in the deli service department of some QFC stores in Oregon and Washington on July 10.
- Food Safety Recall: Marjon Specialty Foods, Inc. (Plant City, FL) recalls 119 cases of sliced apples as a result of a positive test result for Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled apples were shipped to three foodservice distributors in Florida. This product was further distributed to institutional and food service establishments, where it may have been removed from its original packaging.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Miravalle Chile California Peppers (3-ounce size) and Miravalle Chile Nuevo Mexico Brand Peppers (3-ounce size), recalled July 8th due to Salmonella contamination, were sold in King Soopers and City Market stores. Melissa's Dried California Chiles (3-ounce size) were sold in Dillon stores.
- Food Safety Recall Update (Denmark): Altia Danmark recalls Santa Veta CS bag-in-box wines (3L), because some of the containers are bulging. This recall has been updated to include additional date codes and distribution information.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Alert (Denmark): The Danish Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries warns consumers who have purchased dietary supplements via the website www.nutrion-trade.co.uk to discard the products or return them to the company Design Group, Nordre Strandvej 2 in Lumsås by Nykøbing Sjælland.
Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0938): Unauthorised substance androstenedione in food supplement from the United States, via the Netherlands; distributed in Cyprus.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Notification (EU #2010.0940): Unauthorised substance dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) in food supplement from the United States, via the Netherlands; distributed in Cyprus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0943): Chlormequat (pesticide) in grapes from India; distributed in Belgium and the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0944): Escherichia coli in clams (Tapes semidecussatus) from Italy; distributed in Italy and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0945): Suspicion of fraudulent use of health mark for snails of Bourgogne from Lithuania; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0947): Insufficient labelling (wax esters presence) of smoked mackerel filets from Germany; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0948): Histamine in fresh tuna (Thunnus thynnus) from Spain; distributed in Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.