If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: I Dolce Inc. dba Roba Dolce (Warwick, RI) recalls its 33.8 oz (1 Liter) packages of Roba Dolce Double Chocolate Chunk Gelato because they may contain undeclared peanuts. The recalled Gelato was sold in Kroger/Fry's stores in Arizona and Ohio.
- Allergy Alert: DOMEGA NY International Co. Ltd. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls FUMA CUSTARD PIE (imported from China) because it may contain undeclared milk powder. The recalled product was sold in New York State.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Feline’s Pride recalls Feline’s Pride Raw food with ground bone for cats and kittens, Natural Chicken Formula, Net Wt. 2.5 lbs. (1.13 kg., 40 oz.) produced on 6/10/10, because it may be contaminated with Salmonella. The product is manufactured on an as-ordered basis, is packaged in uncoded plastic containers and sold frozen to private consumers nationwide.
- Food Safety Recall: Azteca Linda Corp. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls QUESO FRESCO (Fresh White Cheese) and QUESO HEBRA (Fresh White String Cheese) with an expiration date of July 7, 2010 because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recall was the result of environmental sampling and inspection by the FDA, which revealed that certain areas within the facility contained the bacteria. The recalled cheeses were distributed within New York State and to Bayonne, NJ.
- Food Safety Recall: Top Food & Drug advises customers that Kidsmania Flash Pop, 3 Flavors, Blue Raspberry, Watermelon, and Strawberry (12ct, 1.19oz) has been recalled due to a high lead content.
Food Safety Alert: The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) warns consumers not to eat Food World Aam Papad Candy Spicy (Dry Mango Candy Spicy) imported from India after tests by CDPH found unacceptable levels of lead. Consumers in possession of the candy should discard it immediately.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Daiso California LLC (Hayward, CA) recalls Children’s Coin Purse and Jewelry because the surface paint on the zippers of the coin purses and the clasps on the jewelry contain high levels of lead.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall: Hi-Tech Pharmacal temporarily suspends sales of certain products after receiving a warning letter from FDA.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): A-Frost recalls Passionata Classica Pizza - Bolognese (300 g; Best Before 2004 2011), because the product may contain glass shards. The pizza was manufactured in Poland by IGLOTEX SA and imported into Denmark by A-Frost. The recalled pizzas were sold in supermarkets throughout Denmark.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall (Denmark): SinoDane, v/ Xiao Qun Bao recalls several dietary supplements, because they contain unacceptable herbal substances known or suspected to have various adverse health effects. The recalled dietary supplements were distributed through "alternative therapists" throughout Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0871): High count of yeasts in seedless prunes from Germany; distributed in Denmark under the Suntree brand, and in Iceland.
- Dietary Supplement Safety/Allergy Notification (EU #2010.0872): Undeclared casein in food supplement from the Czech Republic; distributed in the Czech Republic and Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0873): Unauthorised operator for honey from Italy; distributed in France, Italy and Switzerland.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0874): Salmonella Augustenborg in dog chew from India; distributed in Switzerland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0875): Excessive Ponceau 4R / cochineal red A, undeclared sorbic acid in and insufficient labelling of grenadine from Spain; distributed in Greece.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0876): Salmonella Bergen and Salmonella London in dog chew from Bahrain; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0877): Excessive bacterial count in canned tuna from Thailand; distributed in Norway.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0878): Salmonella infantis in soybean protein from Uruguay, via the Netherlands; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0879): Aflatoxins in basmati rice from Pakistan; distributed in Germany.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (Australia): Kylie (Australia) Pty Ltd recalls Pacific West Beer Battered Fish Cocktails (1.2kg), Pacific West Beer Battered Fish Cocktails n Chips (1.25kg), Pacific West Beer Battered Fish Fillets (1.2kg), and Pacific West Flathead Fillets in Beer Batter (1.25kg) because the products contain a dairy ingredient that is not declared on the package label. All Best Before dates up to and including 21/2/2012 are covered by this recall. The recalled fish products were distributed in New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, Victoria, South Australia, Northern Territory and West Australia.
- Allergy Alert (Australia): Azzura Gelati recalls Strawberry, Mango, Lemon, and Blueberry Flavour Azzura Sorbets (Best Before FEB11 & JUN11) because the products contain a dairy ingredient that is not declared on the label. The recalled sorbets were sold in West Australia.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.