If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: K. Heeps, Inc. (Allentown, PA) recalls approximately 17.5 pounds of fully cooked turkey breast products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products were distributed to a single restaurant in Reading, PA.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Rocky Mountain Natural Meats (Henderson, CO) has extended its earlier recall of 66,000 pounds of ground bison meat and tenderized steak bison products to include an additional 776 pounds of bison meat that was supplied to a Nevada firm for further processing. USDA has released a partial retail distribution list for the 66,776 pounds of meat, which was recalled due to contamination with E. coli O157:H7.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): USDA has released an updated retail distribution list for Marie Callender's Cheesy Chicken & Rice White Meat Chicken and Broccoli over Rice Topped with Rich Cheddar Sauce, which was recalled by ConAgra due to Salmonella contamination.
- Food Safety Recall: Ready Pac Foods, Inc. (Irwindale, CA) recalls 702 cases of the Baby Spinach variety of Spinach Temptations 6 oz. bagged salads with Use by Dates of July 4 (Product Code 11707B, IR127121) and July 8 (Product Code 12007B, IR130373) because they could be contaminated by Escherichia coli O157:H7 (Ecoli 0157.H7). The recalled products were sold in California, Washington and Arizona.
- Food Safety Alert: The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture advises consumers who purchased aged hard cheddar cheese made with raw milk from Milky Way Farm (Troy, PA) to discard the product, after finding Staphylococcus aureus and staphylococcal enterotoxin in a sample of the cheese. Milky Way Farm has agreed to stop selling their aged hard cheddar cheese made with raw milk, and the department is moving to suspend Milky Way Farm’s raw milk cheese manufacturing permit until additional aged hard cheddar cheese made from raw milk samples are tested and found to be free of Staphylococcus aureus and other pathogens.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Alert: FDA is warning the public that certain Advair Diskus inhalers stolen from a distribution warehouse in 2009 have been found in some pharmacies. The safety and effectiveness of the stolen inhalers cannot be assured and they should not be used.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Vion Denmark recalls fresh pork tenderloin (Expiry date: 02/07/2010), produced by the German company Vion Emstek, because multi-drug resistant Salmonella has been found in the meat.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall (Denmark): SinoDane has been ordered to withdraw a range of imported dietary supplements containing dangerous herbal ingredients that can cause serious side effects. The products were sold to alternative health practitioners throughout Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification Update (EU #2010.0863): Salmonella Mbandaka in cow's milk camembert and brie from France; distributed in Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0908): Mercury in frozen sliced swordfish from Portugal; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0909): Chlormequat (pesticide) in grapes from India, via the Netherlands; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0910): Chlormequat (pesticide) in seedless grapes from India, via the Slovak Republic; distributed in the Czech Republic.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0911): Carbendazim (pesticide) in passion fruit from Kenya; distributed in the Netherlands.
Asia and Africa
- Food Safety Notification Update (EU #2010.0863): Salmonella Mbandaka in cow's milk camembert and brie from France; distributed in Singapore.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.