If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Great Range Buffalo Sirloin Steaks and Great Range Ground Bison, both of which were recalled on July 2nd by Rocky Mountain Natural Meats (Henderson, CO) due to contamination with E. coli O157:H7, were sold in Wegmans stores. This is in addition to the retail distribution information posted on the July 4th edition of Recall Roundup.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Wernersson Ost Danmark A/S recalls Maxi Bocage Tradition cheese from France (Lot No. 138-6; Best before: 07/22/2010; Net Wt. 1 kg) because of suspected contamination with Salmonella. The recalled cheese was sold in certain INCO stores in Denmark.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): ALDI recalls vacuum-packed, chilled fresh turkey breasts imported from Germany (Best before: 30-06-2010), because Salmonella was found in the product.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (France): Manufacturers have recalled Exomuc Nourrisson (100 mg), Fluimucil Nourrisson (100 mg), and Mucomyst Nourrissons (100 mg/5 ml) because these bronchial decongestants are inappropriate for use in children under the age of 2 years.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (France): Actavis, Arrow, Biogaran, Gerda, Qualimed, Sandoz et TEVA Santé have recalled certain lots of Ceftriaxone injectables as a result of a quaiity audit at one specific supplier of the active ingredient.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0890): Salmonella in sweet basil from Thailand; distributed in the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0891): Dithiocarbamates (pesticides) in apricots from Turkey; distributed in Estonia and Latvia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0892): High aerobic plate count for raw cow milk from Slovenia; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0893): Arsenic in carrageen moss from Ireland; distributed in Guernsey, Ireland, and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety/Allergy Notification (EU #2010.0894): Undeclared sulphite in sliced natural mushrooms from Spain; distributed in Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0895): Altered organoleptic characteristics (abnormal odour) of fresh pork from Germany; distributed in Cyprus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0896): Unauthorised benzoic acid and sorbic acid in seaweed extract from Denmark; distributed in Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.