If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Pharmaceutical Safety Recall: Bristol-Myers Squibb recalls 3 lots of physician sample blister packs of Coumadin® 1 mg tablets and 5 lots, of Coumadin 1 mg tablet hospital unit dose (HUD) blister packs, because some of the tablets, over time, may not meet specification for isopropanol, which is used to maintain the active ingredient, Coumadin, in the crystalline state.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) advises that Fresh Express brand Romaine-based Salads may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7, and have been recalled by Fresh Express, Inc. (Salinas, California). CFIA is working with the importers of these salads to ensure their removal from the market. The recall extends to Fresh Express brand Romaine-based Salads which have Best Before dates of July 9 through July 12 and an “S” in the product code. These salads are known to have been distributed in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec and may have been distributed nationally. Please click on the live link to access a complete list of the recalled salads.
- Food Safety Recall: Freybe Gourmet Foods Ltd. recalls Freybe headcheese, because the ready-to-eat deli meat has been associated with 10 cases of Salmonella Chester illness in residents of British Columbia in the last two weeks.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Walkers recalls certain batches of Walkers Ready Salted and Salt & Vinegar Crisps because they contain undeclared lactose, milk, soya and barley.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.0963): Undeclared mustard in mixture of mushrooms pickled in a vinegar solution from China, via Germany; distributed in Slovakia.
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (UK): LEO Laboratories Limited recalls all remaining stock of specific batches of Sodium Fusidate 500 mg for Intravenous Infusion, because glass particles have been identified in a very small number of vials of active material.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0949): Cadmium in green-lipped mussel powder (Perna canaliculus) from Germany, with raw material from New Zealand; distributed in Austria and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0950-0951): Aflatoxins in pistachios in shell from the United States; distributed in Luxembourg.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0952-0957): Aflatoxins in pistachios in shell from the United States, via Belgium; distributed in Luxembourg.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0958): Mercury in frozen swordfish from Portugal; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0959): Defective packaging of beer home draught kit from the United Kingdom; distributed in Ireland and the United Kingdom under the brand names Carling, Grolsch and Coors Light.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0960): Salmonella in frozen nile perch (Lates niloticus) fillets from Kenya; distributed in Italy.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.0961): DDT in complementary feed for cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, poultry and game from India; distributed in Austria, Germany and Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0962): Salmonella spp. in frozen surimi products from Vietnam; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0964): Foreign body (smal metal piece) in salt rice cakes from Belgium; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0965): Migration of benzophenone from carton boxes containing couscous from Italy; distributed in Austria, France, Germany and Sweden.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Hong Kong): Importer Lorence & Company recalls NOSTROMO SARDINE ALL'OLIO DI OLIVA (120g), with a Use By date of December 31, 2014, because of an excessive bacterial count. The Centre for Food Safety was notified of the problem by the European Union authorities. The canned sardines were manufactured in Morocco and exported to Hong Kong and Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.