If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: San Antonio Packing Company (San Antonio, TX) recalls approximately 9,408 lbs. of APCO Brand Meats Cervelat Summer Sausage because it may contain undeclared milk. The sausages were produced on various dates from April 14, 2010, through June 22, 2010, and were distributed to retail establishments in South Texas.
- Food Safety Recall: Tri-Union Seafoods LLC (San Diego, CA) recalls select 12-ounce cans of Chicken of the Sea brand solid white tuna in water, because their seals do not meet standards, allowing the cans to be contaminated. Affected cans can be identified by UPC code 4800000262, "Best By Date 2/10/2014" and product code 7OA1E ASWAB, 7OA2E ASWAB, 7OA3E ASWAB, 7OA4E ASWAB, 7OA5E ASWAB, 7OAEE ASWAB or 7OAFE ASWAB. The recalled tuna was distributed in Wisconsin, Nebraska, Utah, Pennsylvania, New York, Maine, Colorado, Indiana, California and Oregon, including in Kroger's King Soopers and City Market stores.
- Food Recall (Labeling Error): Oregon Freeze Dry, Inc. (Albany, OR) recalls approximately 600 pounds of Beef Stroganoff with Noodles due to a mislabeling of individual pouches that were packed with Lasagna with Meat Sauce. Each package bears the USDA mark of inspection "Est. 1394" as well as a "Best Use By" date of Feb 2017. The recalled products were distributed to wholesalers and retailers nationwide, and also were sold over the Internet.
- Oral Pharmaceutical Product Recall (UK): Goldshield Pharmaceuticals recalls Batch #68162 of Phenindione 25 mg Tablets because some tablets within the batch are showing a dark orange/brown discolouration. The tablets are normally green. The cause of the discolouration is under investigation.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0865): Salmonella group C in turkey skewers from Austria, with raw material from Germany; distributed in Austria and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0866): Escherichia coli in live clams (Tapes decussatum) from Italy; distributed in Italy and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0867): Salmonella in chicken-kebab from Germany; distributed in Germany, Poland and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0868): Live insects in cheese from France; distributed in Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.0869): Unauthorized Ivermectin (veterinary drug) in frozen beef meat from Brazil; distributed in Italy.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.0870): Migration of formaldehyde from melamine bowl from Spain; distributed in Slovenia.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Cosmetic Products Safety Alert and Seizure (Philippines): The Food and Drug Administration, after carrying out lab analysis of a number of cosmetic products available from retail establishments has determined that several products contain mercury in excess of the permitted level of 1 ppm. The FDA has ordered its officials to remove the hazardous products from store shelves by seizing them.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): George Weston Foods Limited recalls Golden®, Coles Bakery, Best Buy, Woolworths, and Baker’s Life brands of Crumpets because a small number of the products may be contaminated with metal fragments. The affected packages bear the code SW1 or SW2 prior to a Use By date of 29 JUN, 30 JUN, or 1 JUL, and were sold through supermarkets and other food retail outlets in Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Advisory (Australia): Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration has issued an update to its advisory on the use of Hydroxycut products. TGA reminds Australian consumers that "...Hydroxycut products purchased via the internet may be sourced from overseas and may therefore contain ingredients which are not permitted in low-risk medicines in Australia."
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.