If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Perdue Farms, Inc. (Perry, GA) recalls approximately 91,872 pounds of frozen GREAT VALUE Fully Cooked Chicken Nuggets (1-lb, 13-oz bags) that may contain foreign materials. Each bag of frozen chicken nuggets bears the establishment number “P-33944” as well as a case code of “89008 A0160” on the backside of the packaging. There is also a “BEST IF USED BY” date of June 9, 2011. The recalled products were supplied to Walmart and sold in Walmart stores nationwide.
- Food Safety Recall: Specialty Farms recalls several varieties of Alfalfa Sprouts, due to possible contamination with Listeria, according to a notice posted by Price Chopper. Specialty Farms is a Connecticut-based sprout producer and supplies several supermarket chains.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall: Good Health, Inc. (Canutillo, TX) recalls several lot numbers of the company's dietary supplement Vialipro for sexual enhancement, after lab analysis revealed that one of the raw ingredients was tainted with Sulfoaildenafil.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Knott's Wholesale Foods, Inc. (Paris, TN) that a March 2010 inspection of the company's facility found the "Pickled Eggs" product to be adulterated under Section 402(a)(4) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, and misbranded under Section 403 of the Act.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Crowley Foods Arkport (a division of HP Hood, LLC) that a May 2010 inspection of the company's Arkport, NY seafood processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation, and the Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulation for foods.
- Food Safety Recall: Dats Déli Européen Inc. (Est. No. 155, Montreal, QC) recalls several sliced ready-to-eat meat products, because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled products were distributed in Québec and Ontario.
- Food Safety Recall: Produits Phoenicia Inc. (St. Laurent, QC) recalls Cedar brand Tahini (450 mL jars, bearing UPC 0 62356 50178 5), because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled Tahini was distributed nationally.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Asda recalls certain Asda brand Salt and Vinegar, Variety, and Boxed Crisps, because they contain undeclared wheat/gluten.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.