If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Allergy Alert: Torn & Glasser (Rancho Dominguez, CA) recalls its 3.75lb (#10) cans of "Mixed Nuts Fancy, No Peanuts" (lot numbers 0980 and 1940), due to undeclared peanuts. The recalled products were distributed in California, Washington State and Hawaii through a wholesale distribution outlet.
- Food Safety Recall: Paleta California, Co. recalls its 4 oz. Mamey Supreme Cream Bar (frozen fruit bars also known as "paletas"; ) due to a potential health risk from Salmonella Typhi. Paleta's action follows a recall of frozen mamey pulp, which has been linked to an outbreal of typhoid fever in California and Nevada. The recalled Mamey Supreme Cream Bars were distributed only in Southern California.
- Food Safety Recall: Morningland Dairy (Mountain View, MO) recalls 68,957 pounds of Morningland Dairy Raw Milk Cheese from cow milk (Colby, Hot Pepper Colby, Garlic Colby, Italian Colby, Dill Colby, No-Salt Added Mild Cheddar, Mild Cheddar, Medium Sharp Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar) and Ozark Hill Farms Raw Goat Milk Cheese (Colby, Hot Pepper Colby, Italian Colby, Garlic ‘N’ Chive Colby, Mild Cheddar, Medium Sharp Cheddar, Sharp Cheddar), because the cheeses may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes and also has the potential to be contaminated with Staphylococcus aureus. All lot codes ranging from A10 (January 1, 2010) through F250 (June 25, 2010) are affected. The recalled cheese were sold in the contiguous 48 states via mail order, retail stores, crop sharing associations, and direct delivery. The contamination was discovered as a result of regulatory sampling by the State of California.
- Food Safety Recall (Retail Update): BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. alerts its customers to the recall of ground beef 90/10 products initiated by Cargill Meat Solutions Corp. The recalled ground beef was sold in 14-pound tubes, full cases, and 5-pound trays in one or more BJ's locations in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Virginia. The recalled meat may be contaminated with E. coli O26 and has been linked to reported illnesses in Maine and New York.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: The Procter & Gamble Company recalls Iams Indoor Weight Control with Hair all Care dry cat food (6.8-pound bags; Code date 02304173 (B1-B6); UPC 1901403921) because the cat food may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled cat food was available only in Walmart stores in Illinois, New Mexico, Texas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, Wisconsin, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1190): Pseudomonas aeruginosa in mozzarella from Poland; distributed to Italy.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1191): Salmonella in soybean meal from Argentina; distributed to Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1192): Benzo(a)pyrene in smoked sprats in oil from Poland; distributed to Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #20101.1193): Glass fragments (broken glass or plastic) in milk chocolat apricot from Belgium; distributed to Luxembourg.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.