If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Lidl Suomi Ky recalls Linessa Mozzarella Light Cheese (125g) after the German-made cheese was reported by Italy to contain Salmonella. Only the batch labeled with expiration date 07/09/2010 is affected.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Højer Pølser updates its recall of Højer Teepølse, 250g (all sausages with best before date later than 5 July 2010) to advise that the recalled sausages were sold to caterers in addition to having been distributed in grocery stores across the country. The recall was initiated after the sausages were identified as one possible source of a Salmonella outbreak.
- Food Safety Recall (Ireland): Lidl Ireland GmbH recalls Linessa Mozzarella Light cheese (125g; Best before 07/09/2010) due to the presence of Salmonella serogroup C2.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1200): Salmonella (not typable), Salmonella Hadar and Salmonella Saint Paul in turkey breast fillet from Germany; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1201): Escherichia coli O157 in beef hamburger from Austria; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1204): Salmonella paratyphi B in frozen hot chicken wings from the Netherlands; distributed in France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1205): Salmonella serotype C2 in Linessa brand Mozzarella Light cheese made from cow's milk from Germany; distributed to the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.