If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Allergy Alert: Cibo Vita (Saddle Brook, NJ) recalls Mediterranean Mix of Woodpecker brand (8.5 oz. plastic contailers) because it may contain undeclared sulfites.
- Food Safety Recall (Eggs): Sparboe Farms expands its earlier recall to include X-large, white eggs produced by Hillandale Farms and repackaged by Sparboe Farms under the Market Pantry and Sparboe Farms brand names.
- Food Safety Recall (Egg): Real Taste Noodle Manufacture (Chicago, IL) recalls bags of Egg Noodle (5lbs per bag, 10 bags per case), because the noodles may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled bags of egg noodle were distributed between 06/12/2010 and 08/25/2010 to restaurants and grocery wholesalers either by pick up or delivery. Real Taste Noodle initiated this recall in conjunction with the national recalls of shell eggs produced by Wright County Egg and Hillandale Farms of Iowa.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Hartz Mountain Corp (Secaucus, NJ) recalls 8-ounce bags of Hartz Naturals Real Beef Treats for Dogs (lot code BZ0969101E; UPC number 32700-11519), due to possible Salmonella contamination. The bags were imported from a supplier in Brazil and have been distributed across the United States.
- Allergy Alert: The Quebec Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food warns consumers that several paté products sold at certain establishments in Québec, Beauport, Ile d'Orléans and Lévis contain undeclared soy. Please see the news release for details of products and locations where they were sold.
- Food Safety Recall: Olymel, L.P. recalls Lafleur brand Original Wieners (450g package; best before 2010 OC 22; Lot #75022502), because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The wieners were distributed only in the Montréal, Laval, Lanaudière, Laurentides and Montérégie regions of Québec.
- Food Safety Recall: Africana General Market (Kingsway, BC) recalls Shitor sauce (250mL and 500mL glass jars), because the product may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum. The recalled sauce was sold only at the Africana General Market store in Kingsway, BC.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): IFI Scandinavia recalls Hamidiye Spring Water from Turkey (0.5L plastic bottles; Best before 8:06:12), because of the presence of algae in the water.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Højer Pølser recalls Hojer Teepolse sausages (250 g; all best before dates later than 5 July 2010) because the product may contain Salmonella.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.