If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: CEC Entertainment, Inc. (Irving, TX) recalls Chuck E. Cheese's Light-up Rings and Star Glasses, because the plastic casing can break into small pieces and possibly expose the batteries, posing an ingestion hazard to children.
- Hazardous Dietary Supplement Alert/Recall: Arth-Forth, an unauthorized product promoted as an herbal supplement and distributed by Ka Wing Hong Ltd., was tested by Health Canada and found to contain a steroid prescription drug, dexamethasone, that was not declared on the product's label. The amount of dexamethasone in the product may be sufficient to cause serious adverse health effects in individuals using the product. Health Canada has requested that Ka Wing Hong immediately stop sale and initiate a product recall.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): KT Meat ApS recalls boneless smoked pork loin (~5kg, vacuum packed; Best before 09/09/2010, because the company's internal tests detected Listeria in the product. The recalled smoked pork loin was distributed by DB oks to restaurants, institutions, canteens and other catering establishments throughout Denmark, but mainly in Funen.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): A Frost A/S recalls frozen, marinated boneless chicken breasts, 140g (packed in 3kg cartons; Best before 23/09/2011) after Salmonella was detected in a sample. The recalled chicken was imported from Germany and distributed by ECB Meat A/S to institutions, caterers and restaurants in Zealand and other islands.
- Topical Medication Recall (France): Wyeth Santé Familiale recalls Parfenac creme, 5% after a European study determined that the active ingredient – bufexamac – can provoke a serious allergic reaction in some people.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1232): Defective packaging of vacuum-packed Gouda with spices from France; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1233): Unauthorized morpholine in apples from Chile; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1234): Undeclared mustard and celery in BBQ sausage, cajun taste from Sweden; distributed to Denmark.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1235): Migration of formaldehyde and too high level of total migration from melamine bowl from China; distributed to Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1236): Listeria monocytogenes in cooked crabs (Cancer pagurus) from Ireland; distributed to France and Ireland.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1237): Unauthorized tetracycline in rabbit feed from Italy; distributed to Slovenia.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.