If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): Deli Food A/S recalls Gajun BBQ Sausage (batch 103202), manufactured by Deli Food Sverige, because the sausages contain undeclared celery salt and mustard. The recalled sausages were sold in Glostrup Metro and Metro Kolding stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Rieber & søn Danmark A/S recalls Salad Master Easy Remoulade and Budgetary Easy Remoulade (Lot No. L44; Best before 12/11/2010 & 12/12/2010) because of yeast growth resulting in gas production.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Danton Trading recalls Athena 2.5% Tzatziki, 200g (Lot No. 20180610; best before 10/01/2010 and 10/07/2010; product of Greece) because of gas production, which may be caused by growth of lactic acid bacteria. The recalled item was sold in Netto-shops across Denmark.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Falengreen A/S recalls Gouda cheese pieces with pesto, Gouda cheese pieces with chili and Gouda cheese pieces with wild garlic (Best before 11/02/2010 and 11/04/2010; produced in France by Fromagerie Le Centurion) because some of the package seals are leaking. The recalled cheeses were sold in Coop's stores across Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1227): Salmonella in sweet basil from Thailand; distributed to France and the Netherlands.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1228): Benzo(a)pyrene in smoked catfish fillets from the Gambia; distributed in the United Kingdom.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (New Zealand): Tasti Products Ltd. recalls Energetically Tasti Snak Logs Carob Coated Fruit & Nut bar, 240g (Best before 10 August 2011 through 13 August 2011) because some of the bars may be contaminated with glass. The recalled products were sold in supermarkets and retail outlets throughout New Zealand.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.