If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall: Hamilton Corner Meat Market Inc. (1 Hamilton Place, New York, NY) recalls all packages of “ground beef” sold from bulk on September 7, 2010, due to the presence of Salmonella. The recalled “ground beef” was sold in bulk from the store’s meat case and is coded with the date of purchase – Sept. 7, 2010. The product was sold retail from the store’s sole location at 1 Hamilton Place, New York.
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): Kolding Salatfabrik A/S recalls Delicatessen brand Curry Salad, 175g (Production dates 16/08/10 and 15/09/10; Best before dates 28/09/10 and 28/10/10) because the product (milk protein) contains undeclared sour cream. The recalled items were sold in Coop stores (Kvickly and SuberBrugsen) across Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1258): Prohibited substance nitrofuran (metabolite) furazolidone (AOZ) in king prawns from Vietnam, via Austria; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1259): Migration of epoxidised soybean oil from lid of glass jars containg sesame paste from Turkey; distributed to Austria, Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1260): Allergic reaction linked to the consumption of AMO brand instant bakery products from Denmark; distributed to Denmark, the Faroe Islands, Finland, Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1261): Salmonella infantis in frozen marinated chickenbreast filets from Germany; distributed to Denmark.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1262): Lead in copper sulphate from Israel; distributed to Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1263): Excessive trans fatty acids in bread croutons from Poland; distributed to Denmark.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.