If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall (UK): Lynas Food Service Ltd. (Coleraine, Northern Ireland) recalls Spring Hill Pure Spring Water, 500ml plastic bottles (Best before 15 August 2011) due to the presence of E. coli.
- Pharmaceutical Product Recall (France): Centre Spécialités Pharmaceutiques recalls Deprenyl, 5mg breakable tablets (Lot 1324184) because the tablets are too brittle.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1288): Salmonella group E4 and Salmonella newlands in pet food for dogs from Germany; distributed to Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1289): Suspicion of fraudulent health certificate(s) (Different species in health certificate) for sushi squid sesame salad from Taiwan; distributed to Germany.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1290): Migration of formaldehyde from imitation ivory chopsticks from the Netherlands; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1291): Mercury in whole fresh swordfish from Spain; distributed to Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.