If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Allergy Alert: Tiger King Inc. (Maspeth, NY) recalls Rehmat brand Apricots (7-ounce plastic bag) due to the presence of undeclared sulfites. The recalled Apricots were distributed in Brooklyn and Queens boroughs of New York City, and Nassau and Suffolk counties of New York.
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: The Land of Nod (Northbrook, IL) recalls Play With Your Veggies toys, because the metal wire in the toy asparagus can become exposed, posing a laceration hazard to children.
- Food Safety Recall Update (Denmark): Leco Convenience Food A/S updates its August 27th recall of Meatballs in Curry with White and Wild Rice to include a second production/expiry date. The product was recalled because it was contaminated with Bacillus cereus.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1208): Aflatoxins in roasted groundnut kernels from Germany, with raw material from Brazil, via the Netherlands; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notificataion (EU #2010.1210): Mold infestation in brownie cookies from the United Kingdom; distributed to Austria, Germany, Sweden and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1211): Listeria monocytogenes in frozen pangasius (Pangasius hypophtalmus) fillets from Vietnam; distributed to Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1212): Listeria monocytogenes in chilled smoked herring fillets from France; distributed to France and Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1213): Aflatoxins in banku mix from Ghana; distributed to the United Kingdom.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Cosmetic Products Seizure (Philippines): The Philippines Food and Drug Administration has detected elevated levels of Mercury in several cosmetics products and has ordered these products to be seized.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): The Quang recalls Golden Horse - An Lien Pickled Fish Cooking Sauce (220g bottle; best before 10 December 2014) after levels of histamine were detected in excess of the minimum specified in the Food Standards Code. The recalled sauce was imported from Vietnam and distributed in New South Wales and Victoria.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.