If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall: USDA posts retail distribution list for cooked shredded pork skin products that were recalled by Trinh Company after having been produced without federal inspection. The recalled products were distributed only in California.
- Food Safety Recall: New Jersey Department of Agriculture advises the public that milk recalled by Midland Farms (Menands, NY) due to improper pasteurization was sold in northern New Jersey under the brand names Midland Farms, Corrado's Market, Jersey Dairy Farms and Trade Fair Premium. The recalled milk products may be in stores throughout all northern New Jersey counties, and as far south as New Brunswick.
- Food Safety Recall (Eggs): Kern County (California) Environmental Health Division publishes an updated list of all retailers, restaurants and food service operations in Kern County that received eggs produced by Wright County Egg.
- Food Safety Recall: Leadbetters Foods Inc. (Orillia, ON) expands its September 8th recall to include additional size products. The company has recalled frozen Leadbetters Cowboy Beef Burgers (code 20169) packed in 2.27Kg (20 z 113.5g burgers), 1.13Kg (8 x 141g burgers) and 2.04Kg (12 x 170g) burgers, because they products may be contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. Four confirmed cases of E. coli o157:H7 illness in three Ontario health units have been linked to consumption of Leadbetters Cowboy Beef Burgers.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Morrisons recalls Morrison's Chilli Rice Crackers, 200g (all date codes), because the product contains undeclared peanut and sesame.
- Food Safety Alert (Denmark): Denmark's Food Authority alerts the public to the illegal sale of unstamped eggs at the address Sakstrupvej 138 Bjergby, 9800 Hjørring. These eggs should not be consumed, as the company has not registered as a food establishment, and the eggs were not maintained at a correct storage temperature. Consumers who purchased eggs from this location should discard them.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1222): Salmonella in minced meat from Belgium; distributed to Belgium and France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1223): Yeast infestation in, and defective packaging of, mozzarella from Germany; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1224): Salmonella in chilled turkey breast from Germany; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1225): Aureobasidium (found in drinking straw) in baby food in pouches from Italy; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1226): Unknown toxin (lipophilic toxin) in mussels from Spain; distributed to France.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.