If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall: Boucherie Richard Daigneault (3926, chemin d'Oka, Saint-Joseph-du-Lac, QC) recalls fresh and/or frozen ready-to-eat entrées bearing the inscription "Boucherie Richard" and a packaging date between April 26, 2010 and September 4, 2010 inclusive, because the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kolding Salatfabrik recalls Curry Salad, 300g (Production dates 07-09-2010 and 09-09-2010; Best before 19-10-2010 and 21-10-2010) because the salads contain an excessive quantity of potassium. The recalled salads were sold in Bilka, Netto and Føtex stores.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1240): Altered organoleptic characteristics (scent and bad taste) of ricotta cheese from Italy; distributed to Germany and Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1241): Foodborne outbreak caused by dried sausages with mushrooms from France; distributed to Belgium, the Czech Republic, France, the Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1242): Cadmium in frozen pre-cooked crab from Ireland; distributed to Portugal.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1243): Cadmium in sea water cooked crab from Ireland; distributed to Portugal.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1244): Insect infestation and altered organoleptic characteristics of vacuum packed frozen deer meat from Spain, via Italy; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1245): Mercury in swordfish from Spain; distributed to Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1246): Migration of 1,2-cyclohexanedicarboxylic acid diisononyl ester from lids of glass jars containing chilli sauce with peanuts from Hong Kong; distributed to Denmark and Germany.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Recall (Philippines): The Food and Drug Administration orders Mead Johnson Nutrition (Philippines), Inc. to recall Alactagrow Bibo Trio Milk Supplement because of the product's apparent non-compliance to the standard fat level content per 100 calories set forth in Codex STAN 156-1987 for milk supplements.
- Food Safety Recall (Philippines): The Food and Drug Administration orders Mead Johnson Nutrition (Philippines), Inc. to recall Sustagen Junior Milk Drink Powder Vanilla Flavor (for 1-3 years old) because of the product's apparent non-compliance to the standard fat level content per 100 calories set forth in Codex STAN 156-1987 for milk supplements.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.