If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Allergy Alert (Denmark): Dragsbæk A/S recalls COOP Fri plantemargarine (vegetable margarine) 80%, 400g (Best Before 18.11.2010) because traces of milk were found in the product.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kreatina A/S recalls Sausage First Price, 140g (Best before 22.10.2010) and Sausage Save, 100g (Best before 22.10.2010) after Listeria is found in the product.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1299): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled anglerfish (Lophius piscatorius) from France; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1300): Altered organoleptic characteristics (taste and smell altrered) of cooked ham from Poland; distributed to Poland and Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1301): Aflatoxins in pistachio nuts from Norway; distributed to Finland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1302): Salmonella enterica in frozen pork heart from Portugal; distributed to Romania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1303): High count of Escherichia coli in live clams (Tapes semidecussatus) from Italy; distributed to Italy and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1304): High count of Escherichia coli in mussels from Italy; distributed to France and Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1305): Parasitic infestation with Anisakis of chilled anglerfish (Lophius piscatorius) from the United Kingdom; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1306): Salmonella Wien in chilled pork fillet from Spain; distributed to Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1307): Lipophilic toxin (DSP) in mussels (Mytilus galloprovincialis) from Italy; distributed to Slovenia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1308): Mercury in frozen sliced frigate mackerel from Spain; distributed to Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1309): Unauthorised substance phenthoate in pomegranate from India; distributed to the Netherlands.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1310): Salmonella Kentucky in soybean meal protein from Italy, with raw material from Argentina; distributed to Italy.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.