If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For additional information on the Salmonella Enteritidis egg recalls, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall (Eggs): Moark, LLC (Fontana, CA) recalls specific lots of shell eggs produced by Hillandale Farms of Iowa and packaged by Moark, LLC, because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Moark repackaged the eggs for retail customers (under the brand names Albertsons, Yucaipa Valley, Farmer’s Gems and Mountain Dairy), as well as providing unbranded eggs to foodservice customers. The eggs were sold by Moark to retail and wholesale customers in Southern California and Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Food Safety Recall: Zemco Industries (Buffalo, NY) recalls approximately 380,000 pounds of "Marketside Grab and Go Sandwiches" brand deli meat products that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The products were supplied to Walmart and sold in Walmart stores nationwide.
- Food Safety Alert/Recall: The Rhode Island Department of Health (HEALTH) advises consumers not to eat queso fresco manufactured by Azteca Linda Corp. (expiration date of September 11, 2010). HEALTH’s Laboratory confirmed that this product tested positive for Listeria. HEALTH expects this product to be recalled.
- Food Safety Recall: Ingles Markets Inc. recalls Laura Lynn Onion and Chive Cream Cheese (8 oz; Code #97969), because the product "may be hazardous."
- Consumer Product Safety Recall: Williams-Sonoma Inc. (San Francisco, CA) recalls Beaba Express Steam Bottle Warmers (manufactured in China) because the bottle warmers can overheat liquids and baby food, posing a burn hazard to adults and babies.
- Food Safety Recall: Goudas Food Products Co. Ltd. (Concord, ON) recalls Mr. Goudas brand Tahini (908g jars; lot code NO1745/10; sell by date APRIL 19/2012) because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled tahini was distributed in Ontario.
- Personal Care Product Safety Recall: Gateway Soap (Winnipeg, MB) recalls Ora and Lilac Conditioning Shampoos (Hotel amenities) after Health Canada detects Klebsiella oxytoca and Serratia liquefaciens in the Ora Conditioning Shampoo. The recalled products were manufactured in Canada and were available at various motels and inns in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario between August 2009 and August 2010.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Aldi Haverslev KS recalls Country Pleasure Chicken breast fillets - fresh/chilled (450g; Best before 18/08/2010) after multi-drug resistant Salmonella Infantis was detected in the product. The recalled chicken was sold in Aldi stores in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1156): Listeria monocytogenes in mortadelle with pistachio nuts from France; distributed to Belgium and France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1157): Escherichia coli in live clams (Tapes semidecussatus) from Italy; distributed to Italy and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1158): Chlorpyriphos in fresh mint from Morocco; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1159): Norovirus (G II) in oysters from France; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1160): Salmonella in frozen poultry fillets and quarters from Poland; distributed to Lithuania.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1161): Escherichia coli in live clams (Tapes semidecussatus) from Italy; distributed to Italy, Spain and Switzerland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1162): Escherichia coli in live clams (Tapes semidecussatus) from Italy; distributed to Italy and Spain.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Contact Lens Recall (Japan): Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Company (Tokyo) recalls certain production lots of One Day Acuvue Touruai contact lenses (manufactured in Ireland) after some consumers reported eye irritation. Consumers should stop using the recalled lenses and return them for a replacement. For more information, contact J&J at 0120-003-867.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.