If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Milton's Baking Company (Carlsbad, CA) recalls Milton's® Multi-Grain Bread (24-oz., UPC 06541-92038; Plant code 250; all Best If Purchased By dates) which was distributed to locations in Northern and Central California, Arizona and Nevada, because the loaves contain undeclared milk.
- Food Safety Recall (Eggs): Hillandale Farms of Iowa recalls shell eggs distributed under the Hillandale Farms, Sunny Farms and Sunny Meadow brand names in 6-egg, dozen-egg, and 18-egg cartons, in 30-egg packages and in 5-dozen egg cases, and loose eggs packaged under the Wholesome Farms and West Creek brand names in 15 and 30-dozen tray packs. The affected eggs are identified by plant #P1860 (Julian dates 099-230) and P1663 (Julian dates 137-230). Other egg packages carrying these brand names but a different plant ID number are not affected by this recall.
- Food Safety Recall (Eggs): Costco Wholesale recalls Hillandale Farms of Iowa shell eggs (Costco Item #823939 and Item #2027) sold in 23 Costco warehouses in Minnesota, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska.
- Food Safety Recall: AustiNuts Wholesale, Inc. (Manor, TX) recalls pistachio kernel products, due to a recall by its supplier, California Delights, Inc. Two shipments of pistachio kernels supplied to AustiNut by California Delights may be contaminated with Salmonella. The Pistachio Kernels, Deluxe Nut Mix and Gourmet Nut Mix products recalled by AustiNut were distributed only in Texas.
- Food Safety Recall: GloryBee Foods, Inc. (Eugene, OR) recalls Aunt Patty's brand 5 pound bags of Whole Raw Pistachios and 25 lb. boxes of Specialty Commodities brand Whole Raw Pistachios Kernels, because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. The recalled Whole Raw Pistachio Kernels were distributed in Western to Central Oregon and Western Washington by direct delivery to retail stores and bakeries. The recalled pistachios were supplied to GloryBee Foods by California Delights, Inc., which recalled its lot #32043 after testing revealed the presence of Salmonella in that lot number.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Percy Fox & Co. recalls Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top NV Champagne (75 cl; Batch #L01565018), because it contains undeclared sulfites.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Carrefour Discount recalls frozen ground steak (Best before date of 18/06/2011) after E. coli O26:H11 was detected in the product.
- Food Safety Recall (France): Evernat et Bjorg recalls Super des Haricots Verts Evernat (2 x 120g; lot L9308) and Haricots Verts Bjorg (2 x 120g; lot L9308) because of a regulatory non-compliance issue.
- Food Safety Recall (Finland): Lidl Suomi ky recalls España brand Anchovies in Vinegar (120g) from seven stores because the product was not maintained at all times at the correct temperature.
- Medical Device Recall (France): Cibavision SAS recalls FreshLook Colors Sapphire Blue (Lots 304980 and 312944) and Freshlook Colors Violet (Lot #302592) contact lenses because some boxes contain lenses of an ocular strength different from the strength indicated on the package label.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (France): AMO Germany GmbH recalls certain lots of Complete® multifunction solution and one lot of Total Care® contact lens solution (Lot #AH01202) because the sterility of these solutions may have been compromised.
Asia, Africa and the Pacific Islands
- Food Safety Alert/Recall (Saudi Arabia): The Saudi FDA warns consumers not to purchase or drink bottled potable water produced by Fifa Mountains Water Plant, a subsidiary of Jizan Development Company, because the bromate content in the water exceeds the maximum allowable level. The Saudi FDA is taking steps to stop production and force a recall of the water from the market until the situation is corrected.
- Contact Lens Recall (Singapore and Hong Kong): The Singapore Health Sciences Authority and the Hong Kong Department of Health report that Johnson & Johnson has recalled 16 batches of 1 Day Acuvue TruEye contact lenses, after reports in Japan of stinging, ocular pain, redness and irritation. The affected batches were manufactured in Ireland.
Australia and New Zealand
- Herbal Supplement Safety Recall (New Zealand): Medsafe recalls So Hard for Men, Pulse8 for Women, The Rock and Tonic 66, because the products contain one or more of the undeclared prescription medicines Tadalafil, Sildenafil, and Hydroxyhomosildenafil.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.