If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Allergy Alert: Ugo DiLullo & Sons (Westville, NJ) establishment, is recalling approximately 147,667 pounds of U. DiLullo's Deluxe Meatballs in Sauce (6 lb., 10 oz. cans) because the product contains undeclared egg.
- Food Recall/Withdrawal: Food City announces the recall/withdrawal of Full Circle Organic Angel Hair Vermicelli (16 oz). No reason was given for the action.
- Pet Food Safety Recall: Merrick Pet Care, Inc. (Amarillo, TX) is extending its July 2,2010 recall of 10 oz "Beef Filet Squares for Dogs (Texas Hold'Ems)" pet treat (ITEM # 60016 LOT # 10084TL7 BEST BY MARCH 24, 2012) to also include 83 cases of "Texas Hold'ems" (ITEM # 60016 LOT # 10127 BEST BY MAY 6, 2012) because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- Allergy Alert: Mike's Bakery (Fredericton, NB) recalls Mike's Bakery brand Jelly Cookies (500g pkgs; all Best Before dates up to and including 8/24/10), because the Jelly Cookies contain milk, which is not declared on the label.
- Food Safety Recall (Update): Costco Canada advises its customers that the following three recalled Brandt ready-to-eat meats were sold in Costco Warehouse stores in Canada: Mini Farmer Sausage (Costco item# 206013), Turkey Drumsticks, smoked (Costco item# 39818), and Turkey Kolbassa (Costco item# 39141).
- Food Safety Recall (Czech Republic): Tins of codfish liver imported from Poland that are contaminated with higher than permitted levels of dioxins and PCBs are being cleared from supermarket shelves by food safety authorities in the Czech Republic. The agency has not released the names of the producers, but advises that the recalled products have best before dates between 30 November 2011 and 31 January 2013.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1065): Too high content of trans fatty acids in cherry pralinen from Hungary; distributed in Denmark.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1066): Unauthorized sulphite in quince jam from Spain; distributed in Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1067): Unauthorised colour Sudan 1 in red pepper paste from Turkey; distributed in Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1068): Carbon monoxide treatment of chunks of frozen swordfish (Xipias gladius) from Vietnam, via the Netherlands; distributed in Italy.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall Cancelled (Australia): Hunsa Smallgoods retracts its earlier recall of Hunsa Cacciatore Hot Salami (Use by 26 Aug 10). Further testing has confirmed that there was a laboratory error and this product does not contain Salmonella as indicated in the original test results.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.