If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall: Optimus, Inc. d/b/a Marky’s (Miami, FL) recalls Eugenio Brezzi brand Winter Black Truffle Puree, Winter White Black Truffle Puree, and Winter White Truffle Puree with Porcini Mushrooms, imported from Italy, because the products were underprocessed. The recalled truffle purée products were distributed between February 2009 and July 2010 to outlets in Arkansas, Alaska, California, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee and Virginia.
- OTC Pharmaceutical Product Recall: Johnson & Johnson Merck Consumer Pharmaceuticals Co recalls Pepcid Complete Acid Reducer & Antacid, Tropical Fruit flavor, 50ct (Lot No. BEF062) because the potential exists for a small number of bottles to have been punctured at the bottom edge during the packaging process.
- Food Recall: Price Chopper recalls Price Chopper Sweet Relish, 10 oz., because the product may be mislabeled.
- Dietary Supplement Recall: UNFI recalls multiple lots of Emergen C, Strawberry/Banana, 30 ct., and Emergen C, Orange/Pineapple, 30 ct., because the products contain less than the labeled amount of Vitamin E.
- Food Safety Recall: Cochonnailles Champenoises (Brossard, QC) recalls duck pâté (rillettesde canard), because it may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled item was sold in 200g packages and bears a Best Before date of 4 August 2010.
- Food Safety Advisory (UK): The Food Standards Agency is reminding people of its advice not to eat a type of seaweed called hijiki because it contains high levels of inorganic arsenic. Inorganic arsenic is known to increase people’s risk of getting cancer.
- Food Safety Recall (Belgium): GHL Groupe SA recalls Jean Gotta brand Hamburger with Onion and Parsley (Lot #05685030200000; Best before 04/08/2010), because Salmonella has been detected in the product. The recalled product was sold in Cora de Foetz (GDL) et Cora d’Anderlecht stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Ireland): Aldi Stores Ltd. recalls Comeragh Still Irish Spring Water Multi Pack, 6 x 750ml, Sports Cap (Batch code 0200; Best before 31.07.2011), due to the possible presence of harmful bacteria.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Gert Nielsen A/S recalls minced pork and minced veal & pork (production dates 29-06-2010, 30-06-2010, 01-07-2010), because Salmonella was found in a sample of the meat. The recalled meat was distributed to wholesalers and caterers throughout Denmark.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Dansk Helios recalls Holle - Tilskudsblanding goat's milk infant formula (Lot No: L62029P015; Best before: 08/30/2011; Net Weight: 400 g.), because infant formulas based on goat's milk are not permitted in Denmark. The recalled product was sold in health food shops throughout Denmark.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Crown Foods Ltd. recalls Chef's Finest Crème Fraiche Light Dressing (Best before 21-06-2011), due to the presence of high numbers of lactic acid bacteria, which can cause the container to swell. The recalled products were sold in Lidl grocery stores and other shops throughout the country.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1069): Mercury in frozen blue shark (Prionace glauca) loins from Spain; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1070): Mercury in vacuum packed smoked tuna loins (Thunnus thynnus) from Denmark; distributed in Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1071): Too high content of sulphite in whole frozen Norway lobsters (Nephrops norvegicus) from the Netherlands; distributed in Italy.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1072): Salmonella in soybean meal from Argentina; distributed in Poland.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1073): Salmonella in veal from the Netherlands; distributed in Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1074): Listeria monocytogenes in cheese from the Czech Republic; distributed in Slovakia.
Australia and New Zealand
- Food Safety Recall (Australia): Cuisine Resources Ltd./Maggie Beer Products recalls Maggie Beer Chicken Stock (500ml pouches; Best before 03 JUN 2011), because the product may be contaminated with Clostridium perfringens. The recalled product was distributed in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, West Australia and the ACT and was sold through delis, IGA Stores, butchers, and fruit and vegetable Stores.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- Harvey's Supermarket
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.