If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
- Dietary Supplement Safety Recall: Natural Wellness, Inc. recalls MasXtreme (Lot # 907043, UPC 094922300805) after FDA laboratory analysis detects undeclared amounts of aminotadalafil, an analog of tadalafil, in the product. Aminotadalafil may interact with nitrates found in some prescription drugs such as nitroglycerin and may lower blood pressure to dangerous levels. Consumers with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or heart disease often take nitrates.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Amish Wedding Foods, Inc. (Millersburg, OH) that April and May 2010 inspections of the company's manufacturing facility revealed serious deviations from the low-acid food regulations during the manufacture of Sweet Potato Butter and Pumpkin Butter.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns GroPoint Fisheries SDN BHD (Labuan, Malaysia) that an FDA review of the company's HACCP plan and supporting documentation revealed serious deviations from the requirements of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- FDA Warning Letter: FDA warns Fiesta Gourmet (Dearborn, MI) that a February 2010 inspection of the company's food processing facility revealed serious violations of the seafood Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulation.
- Food Safety Recall: Food City recalls Paws Premium Beef & Cheese Flavor Dog Treats (24 oz.). No reason given for the recall.
- Food Safety Recall: Price Chopper recalls four varieties of Price Chopper brand Jumbo Biscuits (8 ct.), because the product may be moldy.
- Food Safety Recall: Top Food & Drug recalls four varieties of Haggen brand Biscuits (lots #8/29, 9/5 & 9/12, 2010)because of product mold.
- Food Safety Recall: Top Food & Drug recalls Stephen's Fry Sauce (UPC 7-29776-50010; Lot 11/10/10) because of bloating.
- Food Safety Recall: Azteca Linda Corp. (Brooklyn, NY) recalls Queso Fresco (Fresh White Cheese) and Queso Hebra (Fresh White String Cheese) with an expiration date of September 11, 2010, because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The Queso Fresco was sold to two distributors in Rhode Island. Queso Hebra was distributed to retail stores in Brooklyn and Staten Island, NY and to one distributor in Providence, RI.
- Food Safety Recall: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning consumers not to consume frozen La Nuestra Mamey Pulp, 14-ounce packages (product of Guatemala; UPC 7 56869 0008 4; all lot codes) as it may be contaminated with Salmonella. The CFIA has been informed of a recall of the La Nuestra brand Mamey Pulp in the United States. The recalled product is known to have been distributed in Alberta; however it may also have been distributed nationally.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Percy Fox & Co. recalls three further batches of Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top NV Champagne (75 cl; Batch #01757985, #01757965 and #01757955) due to undeclared sulfites.
- Allergy Alert (Ireland): Food Safety Authority of Ireland advises consumers that Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top NV Champagne (75 cl; Batch #01757975) contains undeclared sulfites.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1163): Altered organoleptic characteristics of plastic cups from China; distributed to Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia and Slovenia.
- Allergy Alert Notification (EU #2010.1164): Undeclared sulphite in mustard from the Czech Republic; distributed to Slovakia.
- Animal Feed Safety Notification (EU #2010.1165): Salmonella in soybean meal from Argentina; distributed in Poland.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.