For additional information on the Salmonella Enteritidis egg recalls, please click here.
If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
- Food Safety Recall (Eggs): Luberski Inc. (Fullerton, CA) recalls specific Julian dates of shell eggs produced by Wright County Egg of Galt, Iowa because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Eggs affected by the recall were distributed to food wholesalers, retail centers and food service companies in California and Nevada. Eggs were packaged under the CRF 20 and 30 egg overwrap units and Loose 15 dozen units. No Retail Carton Eggs of any kind are affected including CRF and Alta Dena Brand Name. Loose 15 dozen units affected were under Alta Dena Dairy, Driftwood Dairy, Hidden Villa Ranch, and Challenge Dairy from plant codes p-1026, p-1413, and p-1946. Julian code dates are 209-224. Dates and codes can be found on the label.
- Food Safety Recall (Eggs): NuCal Foods (Ripon, CA) recalls specific Julian dates of shell eggs produced by Hillandale Farms of Iowa and packaged by NuCal Foods because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Eggs affected by this recall were packaged in 5-dozen and 2.5-dozen overwrapped retail units and distributed to food wholesalers and retailers in California and Nevada under the Bayview, Becky, Cal Egg, Lucerne, Mi Pueblo, and Nulaid brands.
- Food Safety Recall (Eggs): Lucerne Foods, Inc. recalls Lucerne Grade AA eggs in 12-count and 18-count cartons sold at Safeway Food & Drug stores in Northern California and Northern Nevada (Plant code numbers P1026, P1413 or P1946; “Sell By” dates of Jun 14 2010 to Sep 11 2010), and in Colorado, New Mexico, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming (Plant code 1026; “Sell By” dates of Jun 29 to Sep 12, 2010). The recall was triggered by the Wright County Egg company's August 13, 2010 recall of eggs due to Salmonella Enteritidis.
- Food Recall: Food City recalls assorted Food Club Refrigerated Biscuits. No reason given.
- Allergy Alert (Finland): Felix Abba Oy Ab recalls Luomuravioli Cheese and Fresh Spinach Pasta (Best Before 27/08/2010) due to the presence of undeclared pea powder. The recalled pasta was distributed across Finland in Kesko, Tuko and Inex stores.
- Food Safety Recall (Denmark): Kolding Salatfabrik A/S recalls Budget and Egelykke brands of Italian salads (Net weight 300g; Best before 23/09/2010) because of fermentation in the packaged salads.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1146): Risk of mouth injury as a result of the consumption of uniodised natural crystal salt from Austria, with raw material from Pakistan, via Germany; distributed to Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1147): Foreign body (2 stones of 1 cm³) in chickpeas from Turkey; distributed to France and Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1148): Foreign body (6 pieces of which 1 stone of 1 cm³) in chickpeas from Turkey; distributed to France and Germany.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1149): Migration of formaldehyde from plastic cooking spoons and ladles from the Netherlands; distributed to Austria.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1150): Cadmium in frozen baked crab (Cancer Pagurus) from the United Kingdom; distributed to Portugal.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1151): Aflatoxins in almonds from Spain; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1152): Salmonella paratyphi B in broiler fillet skewer in garlic and pepper marinade from Germany; distributed to Finland.
- Pet Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1153): Salmonella Newport in poultry meal from Germany; distributed to Sweden.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1154): Mercury in frozen dolphin-fish filets (Coryphaena hippurus) from Indonesia; distributed to France.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1155): glass fragments in stoneless green and black olives from Spain; distributed to Norway.
Australia and New Zealand
- Allergy Alert (Australia): KAGRO Pty Ltd recalls 땅콩강정 translation: Orion Cracker (Gangjyung) (80g plastic packets; Date marking 2011.02.13), due to the presence of undeclared peanuts. The recalled item was distributed only in New South Wales.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.