If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall: The Murphy House (Louisburg, NC) recalls approximately 4,920 pounds of ready-to-eat (RTE) pork barbeque products that may be contaminated with Salmonella. These products were cooked on Oct. 6 and Oct. 7, 2010, packed between Oct. 6 and Oct. 12, 2010, then distributed to wholesale and retail establishments throughout North Carolina. These products were not involved in the National School Lunch Program or Department of Defense sales.
- Food Safety Recall: Kroger recalls Shanghai Bean Sprouts, 9 oz., because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. The recalled bean sprouts were sold in Fred Meyer stores.
- Food Recall: Nature Made recalls Nature Made Immuni-C Fizzy Drink Mix Raspberry & Nature Made Immuni-C Fizzy Drink Mix Tangerine (all lot codes) because the products do not meet the company's quality standards. The recall notice was posted by Buehler's.
- Food Safety Recall: Charcuterie L. Fortin Limitée (Est. No. 288, Alma QC) recalls certain ready-to-eat sliced meats, distributed in Québec, because the products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. Please follow the live link for details on the recalled products.
- Allergy Alert (UK): Marks & Spencer withdraws Gluten Free Rich Fruit Cake (Best Before 30 October 2010), because the product contains undeclared wheat flour.
- Food Recall (Ireland): Supervalu has recalled all batches of Supervalu Blackcurrant & Apple Fruit Drink and Supervalu Orange & Peach Fruit Drink, due to reports of off-flavours. The recalled items were manufactured in the United Kingdom.
- Food Recall (Ireland): Maxela Ltd. recalls Skaneja Miezines Kruopos (Barley Groats), pack size: 400g (4 x 100g) due to the presence of Warehouse Moths and larvae in the product.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1421): Escherichia coli and Salmonella spp. in live clams from Italy; distributed to Italy and Spain.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1422): Listeria monocytogenes in black pudding sausage, from Poland; distributed to the United Kingdom.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1423): Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Pseudomonas fluorescens in cow's milk mozzarella from Poland; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1424): Aflatoxins and ochratoxin A in paprika powder from the United Kingdom, with raw material from Spain; distributed to Germany.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1425): Aflatoxins in peanut kernels from China, via Poland; distributed to Germany.
Australia and New Zealand
- Pharmaceutical Product Safety Recall (New Zealand): Novo Nordisk recalls GlucaGen® HypoKit, 1mg (Lot No. YW60459; Expiry 1/2012), because a small number of the vials containing the powder for injection may be broken or cracked.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.