If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Allergy Alert: Nestlé USA's Confections & Snacks Division (Glendale, CA) recalls Nestlé® RAISINETS® Fun Size Bags (10oz; production code 02015748; UPC 2800010255), because the product may contain some undeclared peanuts. Three complaints have been received by the company to date. The recalled RAISINETS® were distributed only in the USA and were sold in Target, Shop Rite and Don Quixote retail stores.
- Food Safety Recall: Klement Sausage Company, Inc. (Milwaukee, WI) recalls approximately 2,740 pounds of Market Pantry Beef Sticks, Original (8 oz.; Use by March 1, 2012; Code 03293) that may contain foreign materials. The recalled products were shipped to distribution centers and retail stores nationwide. Market Pantry is a Target private label brand.
- Food Safety Recall: Ropp Jersey Cheese, LLC (Normal, IL) recalls some cheese products because the cheese may contain antibiotics. Products were sold at various stores and wineries across Illinois, including Schnucks and Friar Tucks. Please follow the live link for details on the recalled "sell by" dates.
- Food Safety Recall: Déli Beauce Inc. (Saint-Georges de Beauce, QC) recalls Déli Beauce Sauce à spagetti (460g or 1 liter glass jars; best before dates up to 10 mai 2011), because the indicated expiration date is too far off to guarantee safety of the product for human consumption.
- Food Safety Recall: Boucherie Richard Daigneault (Saint-Joseph-du-Lac, QC) recalls cooked, ready-to-eat entrées packaged between 6 octobre and 8 octobre 2010, inclusive, because they products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Allergy Alert (Belgium & Luxembourg): Colruyt Group recalls Père Joseph assorted sliced cheeses (UPC 0265370000009; expiration dates between 22/10/2010 and 12/12/2010), because the cheese contains undeclared egg. The affected cheeses were sold in Colruyt stores in Belgium and Luxembourg and in OKay stores.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.