If you would like to receive automatic email alerts for all new articles posted on eFoodAlert, please click here or submit your request using the sidebar link. Please include "subscribe eFoodAlert" in the subject line.
For information on the US Salmonella Enteritidis outbreak and egg recalls, please click here.
For information on the Abbott infant formula powder recall, please click here.
- Food Safety Recall: Value Natural recalls Value Natural Calmyma Figs (8 oz; UPC 9042921885) because worms were found in a single sealed package. The figs were sold in Price Chopper stores.
- Health Hazard Alert: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency warns the public not to consume Smoked Salmon purchased from Sausage Kitchen Fine Sausages & Meats (Ottawa, ON) from September 10 to October 4, 2010, because the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- Food Safety Recall (Ireland): Celtic Pure recalls Ramor Aontaithe C.L.G Natural Still Water in 500 ml bottles (BN 180; Best before 27th December 2011) due to the presence of enterococci. The water was distributed locally in Virginia, Co. Cavan.
- Health Hazard Alert (France): The Ministry of Health and Sports alerts the public to the risks associated with the consumption of the product known as Miracle Mineral Solution, or MMS. When activated according to package directions, this product becomes a solution of 28% sodium chlorite (bleach), and can cause severe injury when ingested. Health authorities in Canada, Australia, the USA and the UK also have issued warnings about this product.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1343): Diarrhoeic Shellfish Poisoning (DSP) toxins in frozen cooked mussels ( Mytilus galloprovincialis) from Slovenia; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1344): Too high content of cyclamate in powder drink from Turkey, via Hungary; distributed to Slovakia.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1345): Escherichia coli in mussels (Mytilus galloprovincialis) from Greece; distributed to Italy.
- Food Safety Notification (EU #2010.1346): Escherichia coli in chilled clams (Tapes decussatus) from Turkey; distributed to Italy.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1347): Nitrosamines in soother from Italy; distributed to Greece.
- Consumer Product Safety Notification (EU #2010.1348): Migration of primary aromatic amines from kitchen utensils from China; distributed in Denmark and Germany.
Some supermarket chains post recall notices on their web sites for the convenience of customers. To see whether a recalled food was carried by your favorite supermarket, follow the live link to the supermarket's recall web site.
- Big Y® World Class Market®
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (US stores)
- Costco Wholesale Canada Ltd.
- EDEKA (Germany)
- Food City
- Food Lion
- Giant Food LLC
- Gros Cidac (Italy)
- Hannaford Brothers Co.
- Harris Teeter
- The Kroger Company*
- Price Chopper
- Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc.
- Stop & Shop
- Sweetbay Supermarkets
- Top Food & Drug
- Tops Friendly Markets
- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
- Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc.
*The Kroger umbrella encompasses numerous supermarket, marketplace and convenience store chains, listed on the Kroger corporate home page.